Oh man please no more epic and fail..its been done too much.

sorry :p

on the 401 going west today (before the traffic apocalypse), and noticed Absolute in the far far distance,,, it wus sweet how far you can see these things (though you really have to look closely)

from yesterday
20110710033.jpg

I know that Square One will cause a more or less permanent crater in Mississauga's eventual skyline, but I do hope that the properties on either side of Burnhamthorpe - between Hurontario and Living Arts - are eventually filled with suitably tall buildings.

It does seem likely that the south side (next to Kariya Park) will be residential, but I have my fingers crossed that the north side - the blocks running along the south end of Sq1 - will end up being filled with office and/or hotel towers, with podiums that interact well at street level.

AW will have little real competition for skyline appeal for some time, though. Parkside will have some height and sleek structures, but nothing that really catches the eye like AW - though I concede that would be hard for pretty much any residential tower currently located anywhere other than Dubai, China or Vegas.

I find it hilarious that the towers Mississauga so desperately wanted to help get them some international attention and put them on the world stage are routinely being referred to as "In Toronto."

ArchDaily.com said:
Designed by MAD Architects, the Absolute Towers located in Toronto, Canada are nearing completion, and we are sharing with you the latest under construction photographs byJason Zytynsky.

Ha!

There really isn't much difference... Mississauga is basically Toronto. Maybe not technically, but to people who aren't from around these parts would just assume it's all the same thing.

I find it hilarious that the towers Mississauga so desperately wanted to help get them some international attention and put them on the world stage are routinely being referred to as "In Toronto."

Ha!

I think this is one of the very few articles that refer to Toronto in its location. The rest use Mississauga.

They really are gorgeous, but the location is awful. It's like two hot girls at a party full of ugly chicks.

Last edited:
I thought we had finished with the Mississauga bashing?.....hawc, your comments only show your noob ignorance....

There are a lot of people here that think that Mississauga (and the rest of the 905) is a pretty good place....the more enlightened folks on UT understand that all are parts of an organic whole...each compliments the other......when Mississauga is thriving, that makes Toronto stronger too....and that not everyone wants the exact same lifestyle...

So yes, you are in fact wrong......

Hey I'm just criticizing the architecture. Absolute World gorgeous. Other Mississauga buildings.... not so much.

O.K. I can agree with that....Missy's projects during this boom have been no different from T.O.'s....some good, some bad, and some pretty ugly...for sure..//

Back