At this point, more of a cankle than a torso, or even a dented Pringles can. Hope I won't still be saying this at 40+ storeys...

Too bad there isn't more of a progressive morph from Marilyn & friend through the almost round cousin at the back to the boxier twins along Burnhamthorpe - it'd seem like more of a family complex if the twist increased throughout all 5 instead of appearing only in the tallest 2.

Are you blind?

I'm waiting to see some real J.Lo curves... :)
absolute_towers_mississauga_mad130808_1.jpg

Common! It's not even the same floor plate there - those units would suck to live in if it actually looks like that - how much emphasis do we usually put into renderings anyway :) I think if we're going to start being more trusting this is the last project to do it with. Although the first few seem accurate.

Relax everybody. The red line is roughly where we are at and drum's photos represent that. Be patient, and it'll turn out just like the render. Keep in mind also that the reflections off the glass in the rendering seem to emphasize the curves more, which could be why some of you think what we have now is not accurate.

2u4hs29.jpg

Yes, the glass balconies will really make the curves stand out more. You'll see :)
I really hope they paint the undersides of the balconies too.

Yes, the glass balconies will really make the curves stand out more. You'll see :)
I really hope they paint the undersides of the balconies too.

THEY BETTER !! or else that would be a lot of ugly exposed concrete balconies :eek: ... it would totally ruin the design's appeal

I'm waiting to see some real J.Lo curves... :)
absolute_towers_mississauga_mad130808_1.jpg

Guys I'm telling you this render is EXTREMELY exaggerated...

I don't think this much shape can be done both structurally AND economically...

She'll be spinning.... but not that much...

That render looks like a slinky and I highly doubt any structure could ever look like that in this decade. It seems highly exaggerated.

But one thing I notice is each render looks different. I don't see the point in pretending the one that looks best should be the one to believe as the most accurate.

Guys I'm telling you this render is EXTREMELY exaggerated...

I don't think this much shape can be done both structurally AND economically...

She'll be spinning.... but not that much...

The "spinning" is accurate in that render. It will spin 180 degrees... What is not accurate is the floor plate... The artist narrowed the oval and made it more oblate, which exaggerates the curves as you go higher in the false perspective.

I never believe renders on any building... I hope that they will be 75 percent accurate but know we'll be left with 50 percent if we're lucky.

It's still going to be cool when finished. :cool:

The "spinning" is accurate in that render. It will spin 180 degrees... What is not accurate is the floor plate... The artist narrowed the oval and made it more oblate, which exaggerates the curves as you go higher in the false perspective.

I never believe renders on any building... I hope that they will be 75 percent accurate but know we'll be left with 50 percent if we're lucky.

+1

The 180 degree rotation is correct, but degree of rotation from floor to floor, and the overall shape is exaggerated. The floor plates are more oval and pointier at their extremes. The final building will be more subtle from floors 1~18 or so, with a more quick twist through the middle 18 floors, then again with a more gradual unwinding of the upper 18 (give or take).

Also, the base of the building seems to have been rotated counter clockwise... meaning that the "point" of the fist floor doesn't face the westerly sidewalk on Hurontario like it does in that render, but more southerly towards the Burnhamthorpe sidewalk.

The renders below are the most accurate visual representation I think you'll find anywhere, aside from the re-aligned base as mentioned above, as well as building colors. The renders look fairly light compared to the darker materials actually going on the building ~ though the balconies will have varying tones to accentuate the curves even further, especially on World 2 which I like best of all at this point. It's more fluid than World 1.

absolute_towers_mad160309_5.jpg

Another very accurate render, though more bronze looking than the finished product will be:

absolute_towers_mad160309_4.jpg

+1

The 180 degree rotation is correct, but degree of rotation from floor to floor, and the overall shape is exaggerated. The floor plates are more oval and pointier at their extremes

Yes... I said that... that's what oblate means, but thanks for reiterating.

Back