I drove up Hurontario today and was impressed that the twist is starting to make itself known.

Which made me think that the next phase should be marketed as the "M. Night Shyamalan" Condos - "Condos - with a twist!"

Or could that only be built in Philly?

Construction continues on Absolute World Tower Four in Mississauga, Ontario

100.jpg

WILLIAM CONWAY/PROGRESS PHOTOGRAPHY

Work is moving along at the Absolute World Tower Four condominium project in Mississauga, Ont. Developer Fernbrook Homes/Cityzen has occupancy of the 56-storey, 430-unit project scheduled for 2010.

The condo will include six levels of underground parking.

The project was designed by Burka Architects.

Consultants are: Sigmund Soudack & Associates Inc. (structural); E.C.E Group (mechanical/electrical); and NAK Design Group (landscape).

Subtrades include: Costa Earthmoving Inc. (excavation); Faga Group (under slab drainage); Deep Foundations Contractors Inc. (shoring/caissons); Premform (formwork); Gilbert Steel Ltd. (rebar); Innocon Inc. (concrete supply); Mayfair Electric Ltd.; and ThyssenKrupp Elevator Ltd.

I can't imagine there are any people from Toronto who aren't jealous of those two buildings.

You may be right. I'd love to see these where the Corus building is. They deserve distance from other towers and shouldn't be bunched up against other buildings.

Last edited:
You may be right. I'd love to see these where the Corus building is. They deserve distance from other towers and shouldn't be bunched up against other buildings.

I hope you're kidding!

That's not too say I'm not jealous, 100% definitely am :)
I think these would be great down bay, or in NYCC, maybe even Y&E.
But not on the waterfront! ...

Although one thing I'm going to hold judgment on is the base ... I don't have high hopes for it quite yet. I may check off Y&E and Bay from that list in that case :)

I think they'd look great perched near the edge of the eastern waterfront as the only highrises in the area. Really!

^ You do know that Cityzen, which is developing Absolute, is located in Toronto and is building both the L Tower and Pier 27? Both buildings are up there with Absolute IMO.

I think what ProjectEnd is referring to is the Design Contest that Fernbrook/Cityzen held for the public.....people were able to vote on their favourite design, and MAD won...there were ballot boxes at Square One - so it's really the people of Mississauga who chose this design...

I hope that Fernbrook/Cityzen continue with their amazing projects....:)

It's too bad that Cityzen didn't get the Yonge and Bloor site. Really, they've been the exception to the rule in terms of residential architecture and they look to be on track to making a very positive impact on architecture in the region.

Back