Thanks! It seems you got the same sunset from the other angle - nice silhouette!

There are some gorgeous views from the top of Centennial Hill - I mean Mount Garbage - right now. It and the ravines, particularly the Don Valley Parkway near Thorncliffe, provide some of the best fall views in this city. You can't see Absolute World from the DVP though, so Centennial Hill is the viewpoint of choice!

^
I completely forgot about using Mount Garbage as a vantage point, I worked in that area for years. I will check it out.

from today...
Tower 5 moving up a level...
20101013a010.jpg

these buildings are spectacular! every time i pass them i think how awesome it would be to have more contemporary architecture in skyscrapers in the core, great addition to the missisauga skyline

Pity that tower 4 is topped out already; another 10 floors would have been ideal...I always get a bit sad when the excitement of watching a tower rise comes to an end.

P.S. "Mount Garbage", LOL! Hilarious, 42.

Last edited:
glass balconies were installed today on about the 10th floor of Marilyn - wrapping around the entire tower...just one floor so far....looks to have a slight blueish tint....

Last edited:
these buildings are spectacular! every time i pass them i think how awesome it would be to have more contemporary architecture in skyscrapers in the core, great addition to the missisauga skyline

Agree. Drove by here yesterday and thought why can they not do something like this (architecture) at the corner of yonge/bloor (even tho I do like GG 1 Bloor design) but this would be more spectacular. Or indeed on many of Toronto's major corners. Hand it
to Mississauga..who would have thought?!

nice pics, Jason! You can see the darker coloured band where the balcony glass was installed - 1st pic about 10 floors up...

Wow all the pics are incredible..
I especially love the first one where all the buildings in the foreground are dark, and Absolute is lit up by the peeking sunlight.. amazing
Cityzen should buy that picture for advertising!

Thanks for these great pics Jason, and nice video drum! Sort of wish the balcony railings were a smooth curve, but no matter, looking up from the ground today you cannot tell....the bluish glass will definitely change the overall look of the building, imo..

The balcony glass will make it look really smooth when complete. Also when they paint the undersides. It's the finishing touches that is going to make this building look awesome.

The balcony glass will make it look really smooth when complete. Also when they paint the undersides. It's the finishing touches that is going to make this building look awesome.

Yea I was about to ask what they were going to do about the undersides of the balconies...

Back