The trees doesn't look particularly healthy - haven't they been in the ground for 2 years now? Seem to recall they did better elsewhere at a similar timeframe.

Leaves don't look like they've fully expanded yet.

Here's a relevant case study from Deep Root, makers of the Silva Cell: http://www.deeproot.com/blog/blog-entries/lessons-from-three-adjacent-silva-cell-projects

Unfortunately, it seems that lessons learned in the adjacent projects may not have been incorporated into these plantings.
I am impressed by the fact that WT and the Silva Cell folk followed up on these 3 areas, lets hope they keep doing so as the City seems to lack resources or interest in doing so. There are still dead trees in that area that should be replaced and as of last week no sign of it happening yet.

Saturday

IMG_5116.JPG
IMG_5115.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_5116.JPG
    IMG_5116.JPG
    300.3 KB · Views: 238
  • IMG_5115.JPG
    IMG_5115.JPG
    343.7 KB · Views: 260
I saw this up close and personal today in full sun. It's dreadful, clad in some of the ugliest window wall this side of 2005. Just terrible. Another dud on the waterfront.

I saw this up close and personal today in full sun. It's dreadful, clad in some of the ugliest window wall this side of 2005. Just terrible. Another dud on the waterfront.
I know, I looked at a few weeks ago, literally standing there shaking my head. It's not boding well.

Question for you. Is there anything like this being built on the waterfront of any of the other 'world class' cities? Seriously, how does this get built? Does Tridel understand the magnitude of re-building Toronto's waterfront?

Simple, it gets built because owners/investors don't demand it. Moreover there are no regulations in place for ripe and highly visible development areas to use any materials beyond the bottom line. A shame because there was a virtual blank slate here to do something special for the waterfront.

Question for you. Is there anything like this being built on the waterfront of any of the other 'world class' cities? Seriously, how does this get built? Does Tridel understand the magnitude of re-building Toronto's waterfront?
I'm not sure. But the point remains--this is what shows up on the developing waterfront of Canada's premier city.

SAD!

Back