The inner harbour has been going through a state of metamorphosis lately - ever since the arctic frost descended upon us a few days ago. Initially, the super cold temps caused a quick freeze over, followed by an errie mist that lasted a day or so, and ever since then varying patterns of ice dictated by the interference caused by the ferry boats crossing between the mainland and the Island. As the temperature climbed to more moderate norms today, I noticed a very cool pattern develop in the ice late this afternoon.

All this to say that a year or two from now, all south facing condo residents in Aqualina and Aquavista will get to witness this seasonal phenomenon up close and personal. Most people assume the lake view in the winter months is quite sterile, boring and grey, but as the last few days have demonstrated, the inner harbour in the deep of winter can take on an interesting, dynamic character.

I saw it today from beside GBC/Sugar Beach. It really looked fascinating, thanks for the great photos of it! Up close it looked like the lake was solid ice but the snow had formed 'ribbons' on it - I am not sure that the patterns were caused by the ferry boats as they do not come near this section but ...

March 12, 2016

20160312_170328.jpg

Sorry to ask but in the last picture, in background, a white building is there... Is this a show room for future development, and if so, curious.. wich one? Anyone know? Nice show room if that's what it is.

Back