News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

I should have written:

"Long live IBM and the now Lenovo Thinkpad T Series."

My Lenovo Thinkpad T410s, manufactured by Lenovo, is backed by IBM Warranty Service in Canada/USA,

and has had not one issue with it's operation or "build" during the last 2.5 years. I am happier than a pig!

Do bear in mind though, if IBM continued to issue the Thinkpad as was built, it's now price would be in the

$10,000.00 range rather than the base $2,500.00 (T 410s Series, before discounts) which was/were in effect

during my purchase.

Lenovo has of this date, now surpassed both Dell & HP to become No 1 in the computer business world wide.

Regards,
J T

Last edited:
I should have written:

"Long live IBM and the now Lenovo Thinkpad T Series."

My Lenovo Thinkpad T410s, manufactured by Lenovo, is backed by IBM Warranty Service in Canada/USA, and has had not one issue with it's operation or "build" during the last 2.5 years. I am happier than a pig!

Heh, I just had my T410 at work swapped out for a W510. All they did was transfer the hard drive. Windows 7 did all the gruntwork of updating the hardware drivers itself. Boy, we've come a long way.

IBM Datacentre, 36 King Street East, 1963

Toronto-KingSt-Datacenter-1963-1_zps4c52ec2f.gif

Toronto-KingSt-Datacenter-1_zpsac33d603.gif

Untitled-1_zps7535953b.gif

Untitled-2_zps306e014b.gif

DSC01059_zpsf2b57b32.jpg

These minimalist curtain-wall buildings really came alive when flanked by older masonry buildings:

f0124_fl0001_id0099.jpg

This is one of my favourite photos of IBM, 36 King St. E.

Office-Night.jpg

^ What a great shot! Sometimes I wish I could go back in time to visit this era where everyone and everything seems to look neat, modern, and smart. I know it probably wasn't quite like that in real life, but still.

Also, I wonder what that lone guy at the desk is doing in that color shot of the Datacentre?

Fantastic pic Goldie! To repurpose an old Corbusier chestnut, it truly captures the building as an "International(ist) Business Machine"...

So I figure this would be the most relevant thread
I recently got Need for Speed Most Wanted for PS Vita, and noticed that there is a building in the game that looks strikingly similar to 222 Jarvis. Took a screen cap to share with you all.
iREIi.jpg

The resemblance is even stronger from other angles, which I can post if people show any interest.

So I figure this would be the most relevant thread
I recently got Need for Speed Most Wanted for PS Vita, and noticed that there is a building in the game that looks strikingly similar to 222 Jarvis. Took a screen cap to share with you all.
iREIi.jpg

The resemblance is even stronger from other angles, which I can post if people show any interest.

MT: This building pictured reminds me of Boston's 70s era New City Hall in Government Center there...
That pictured map in the lower left reminds me of that geographical area...

Post a picture of 222 Jarvis...I would not mind seeing what it looks like...LI MIKE

P.S. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all here at UT!!!

MT: This building pictured reminds me of Boston's 70s era New City Hall in Government Center there...
That pictured map in the lower left reminds me of that geographical area...

Post a picture of 222 Jarvis...I would not mind seeing what it looks like...LI MIKE

P.S. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all here at UT!!!

Mike is correct. That building is the Boston City Hall (see below picture from Wikipedia)

800px-Boston_City_Hall.JPG

222 Jarvis (picture credit Wikipedia)

800px-Sears_Canada_Building.JPG

Back