News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Sad part, only 1,000 will be added to the exiting one and still leave close to 50% of stops with no shelters. The rest are replacement only.

Who wrote this contract so we can string them up and must be a car person.

THe first Next Bus/Streetcar displays are expected by the end of the year. All vehicles are outfitted with GPS now, it's just a matter of activating the tracking function.

Sad part, only 1,000 will be added to the exiting one and still leave close to 50% of stops with no shelters. The rest are replacement only.

Who wrote this contract so we can string them up and must be a car person.

Maybe ...

But a good portion do not deserve a full pledge shelter ... it's over kill - when there's like 2 people getting on / off everyday.

BTW I saw the new shelters and they are HUGE ... they are like the current ones but double the height.

Maybe ...

But a good portion do not deserve a full pledge shelter ... it's over kill - when there's like 2 people getting on / off everyday.

BTW I saw the new shelters and they are HUGE ... they are like the current ones but double the height.

Not every stop requires a shelter under 50 riders a day.

On average, I see 3 shelters a week with glass broken in new ones for the GTA if not more. I have seen the same shelter get hit no less than 5 times so far this year.

Where the seats in them?

You see how much reinforcements goes into those new shelter?

The old one's keep the snow and wind out at the bottom where the new ones opens the front door for them.

THe first Next Bus/Streetcar displays are expected by the end of the year. All vehicles are outfitted with GPS now, it's just a matter of activating the tracking function.

This is big news, 299! Any more details? Has the TTC developed any sort of a plan to use the system to better manage headways?

drum:

On average, I see 3 shelters a week with glass broken in new ones for the GTA if not more. I have seen the same shelter get hit no less than 5 times so far this year.

And let me continue this argument - if a shelter looks really shabby or are otherwise opaque, then no one is interested in vandalizing it. Therefore we shouldn't have new shelters that looks half decent.

Why punish everyone else with bad design and the problem is vandalism itself?

AoD

Photos of the street furniture display at City Hall (just as workmen were about to take all of them away).

2568574699_f679f8af84_b.jpg

2569401164_922cf87c3d_b.jpg

2568576051_1631be4f62_b.jpg

2569401828_e48d09e8ab_b.jpg

2569402184_04d57eea30_b.jpg

2569402518_c312b1b8a0_b.jpg

2568577701_43426de2bd_b.jpg

2568577319_91eed522f3_b.jpg

2569403960_37706ff15a_b.jpg

2569405618_4df388cffd_b.jpg

2569405900_a8111301d1_b.jpg

2569406290_b4c63138af_b.jpg

2568581257_ea58962761_b.jpg

2568582025_1a8f97ea80_b.jpg

2569408080_1fbc1f8a9f_b.jpg

Thanks for the pics.

The bench is quite decent but the garbage can is horrible: it appears to be too big and the peddle is a terrible idea (if you have a disability that involves your legs, how do you work the thing?). What is wrong with having holes on top to throw your garbage in? It makes it so much easier.

Amazing! Thanks for all the pics.. Shoot! I can't believe I missed this. I was gonna walk by today and completely forgot. oh well..

The collective newspaper boxes will change the look of this city in such a dramatic way with such a small action.
The current crop of boxes everywhere, chained to hydro poles, clumped in large groups and even abandoned boxes by publications that failed creates so much clutter on our street.
I love how these will consolidate them and make it easier for maintenance workers to spot illegal boxes and remove them.

The shelters – even though I thought they looked very similar to what we have – are quite nice. I like the taller ceiling and the steeper incline to prevent snow from accumulating.
The Next Bus/Streetcar indicator will make it much more tolerable to wait for the TTC. Some of these will inevitably be across from cafés or other indoor public space where a person can monitor them from within a warm space. The characters are large enough to see from across the street.

...however, that Bluetooth activation thingy seems to solve the problem in a different way. I wonder if this means that you link your phone to the shelter's Bluetooth system and it will notify you when the bus/streetcar is coming. I didn't see that coming at all. :)

I hope "contemporary look" doesn't become "outdated look" soon. I preferred those classic look newspaper boxes.

newspapers2.jpg

Thanks for the pics.

The bench is quite decent but the garbage can is horrible: it appears to be too big and the peddle is a terrible idea (if you have a disability that involves your legs, how do you work the thing?). What is wrong with having holes on top to throw your garbage in? It makes it so much easier.

Get down on your knees and push with your hands?
LOL just kidding... if you look at the picture of the garbage gan you'll see that it says "Flap opens when pushed".

Personally I'm disappointed with this design. I think there were far cooler looking ones in the competition. The bench is ugly. The steel part should match the other furniture, instead it's like a beige colour.

I hope "contemporary look" doesn't become "outdated look" soon. I preferred those classic look newspaper boxes.

newspapers2.jpg

What's the deal with these? Were they just a test? They look so much nicer than the new ones. There's way too much silver in the new furniture. The benches look horrible and extremely unwelcoming. The garbage can is by far the worst thing in this program. Ugly design. And is it made out of plastic? It looks so cheap and outdated already.

Back