That is one badass building. It's going to look awesome. I love it when they make those nice big models; it makes it so much easier to picture.

Here's one thing i'm really confused about...

In all the renders of Aura... The glass is blueish...

In the model of Aura... the glass is white/clear...

What's the REAL colour of Aura?....

Here's one thing i'm really confused about...

In all the renders of Aura... The glass is blueish...

In the model of Aura... the glass is white/clear...

What's the REAL colour of Aura?....

Probably green :rolleyes:

I could be wrong but looking at the model it seems that Aura is going to substantially creep into College Park's south end. I'll have to scope it out but it appears some park area will be lost.

They'll be installing high grade "colourless" glass. Not the usual cheap green as suggested.

Thanks,

I think that green coloured glass/buildings have been overused in MANY of Toronto's recently built buildings... I prefer blue and other colours cause green does look slightly cheaper...

Whatever the colour of Aura might be, I hope it turns out awesome :D

I was seriously terrified that this project would get either canned or decapitated during the downturn.. Its such a beautiful landmark, this is such a win. I don't know who would side with me when I say, however: if I had to choose between 1 Bloor and Aura, I'd take Aura any day.

Great news for T.O

Let me throw this warning out there before everyone on this forum starts betting their life savings on this one.

We have no solid proof this is going ahead.

MikeTO's recent post seem to indicate not everything is ready here.

Moreover, there are no permits that are issued yet! No work / digging / anything can happen until they are.

Not to be the party pooper or anything ...

if I had to choose between 1 Bloor and Aura, I'd take Aura any day.

That is a tough question... But for me, at the end of the day i would have to choose 1 Bloor just because it closes much of the gap between the CBD and the rest of downtown... 1 Bloor also attracts attention to the north end of the skyline...

When Aura gets built, it will balance out the skyline however, the Yorkville area will be left without any huge amounts of height (250m ish)

But Aura DOES ROCK!... Even though we lost 1BE, we still got something tall to talk about :D

^^^^Nonetheless, Aura probably will be starting in the next few months to come :)

if I had to choose between 1 Bloor and Aura, I'd take Aura any day.

Same here, I've always been an Aura 'loyalist'.
Design wise its far superior to any rendition of 1 Bloor.
Height-wise it would be taller if they get the 10 floor extension, though that doesn't seem too likely these days... :(
But even at 800'ish ft it will dominate the skyline in a way 1 Bloor never could because of its location & sheer size (over 1 million sq ft!)
In any case as long as we don't lose this one, I can R.I.P. when I die :)

Last edited:
Love the podium on this one....I'm still undecided about the 80's rounded throw back pool though :confused: Hopefully the glass will be clear as someone earlier stated....very elegant imo.

That's not a pool and it's not part of Aura. That's an already existing reflecting pool (skating rink in the winter) that's in behind Aura

Love the podium on this one....I'm still undecided about the 80's rounded throw back pool though :confused: Hopefully the glass will be clear as someone earlier stated....very elegant imo.

There IS a small water feature on the west end of the podium, but it is long and rectangular.

I like the massing of this project. For once I'm liking a new Toronto construction's podium.

Note how the podium mimics the height of College Park facade along Yonge... Then, the next massing mimics the height of the College Park Condos... Then of course the tower takes over the world with its height, yet has proper setbacks.

That's how to build with the rest of the street in mind.

2414239461_88263bf9d6_o.jpg

(courtesy Projectend)

Last edited:
I like the massing of this project. For once I'm liking a new Toronto construction's podium.

Note how the podium mimics the height of College Park facade along Yonge... Then, the next massing mimics the height of the College Park Condos... Then of course the tower takes over the world with its height, yet has proper setbacks.

That's how to build with the rest of the street in mind.

Those are the College Park Apartments built in the late 70's, not the College Park condos (Residences of College Park).

Those are the College Park Apartments built in the late 70's, not the College Park condos (Residences of College Park).

Yes, I understood that was explicit from the photo.

I'm sorry if some forumers are confused by this, but those College Park "apartments" are also condominiums. I never mentioned the Residences of College Park (RoCP) in my post.

Back