Have you not heard of the unlimited third world labour force or the fact the tower was built in the middle of a desert? The staging area for the Burg was probably 10 acres large. Compared that to Aura's postage stamp sized lot. Larger and more complex, of course. Anywhere near the logistical nightmare as one can expect at the corner of Gerrard & Yonge ... doubtful.

Once a project like this gets under way, does the value of the units generally increase?

I live in the Liberties Condo right beside the Aura construction site. We just received notice that construction will be starting on January 4, 2010. Construction should take approximately 4 1/2 years to complete. I looks like it's a go!

excitedkid.gif

KA

Amazing news! Amazing building, height, and location! Amazing Toronto!

Lots of excitement around at the start of AURA. Is everyone, like me, owner of a unit or just happy at the addition of another landmark in the city?

The staging area for the Burg was probably 10 acres large. Compared that to Aura's postage stamp sized lot. Larger and more complex, of course. Anywhere near the logistical nightmare as one can expect at the corner of Gerrard & Yonge ... doubtful.
That's a good point.

Ka1

Once a project like this gets under way, does the value of the units generally increase?

Good question.

In March 2008, Canderel had started selling units in AURA at around $ 575.00/sq ft. Around that time, a few units in RoCP1 had been sold at around $ 421.00/sq ft.

Now, units in Ice Condos phase II are going at around $ 726.00/sq ft and units in U condos are going at around $ 696.00/sq ft.

I am sure units in AURA should be worth around these figures, if not higher,assuming economy does not take a nose dive.

I will join the bandwagon to say that I'm thrilled that AURA is finally moving forward in its construction plans ... very much looking forward to this sleek looking structure with its curved glass curtain walls ~

rofl. that 5sec gif basically summarizes my feelings towards this news as well, ramako.

talk about starting off 2010 with a bang!

Last edited:
colour

Does anyone know what colour Aura will be? I'm hoping it'll be something different from ROCP, and not grey.

I'll bet the glass manufacturer has an idea.

None of us here know though; at least no more or less than you should. I'd recommend checking out the rendering, even though they are often blatantly false.

Below is a quote from 'Skybean' in November 2007 for what it's worth. Sounds like the glass will be the same colour as ROCP 1 & 2 with the blue-grey tint.

When it rises, the Aura condominium building will become a landmark in this area. Located on the north-west corner of Yonge and Gerrard, the all-glass modern tower will dazzle with its blue-grey tint.

I believe there has been changes to the design of the tower since 2007. I don't know if the glass has been changed as well, but the architecture review done might have changed the glass colour as well. Here's hoping...I'd be quite happy with a violet purple glass tower...kinda diff...:)

Back