Yes, I understood that was explicit from the photo.

I'm sorry if some forumers are confused by this, but those College Park "apartments" are also condominiums. I never mentioned the Residences of College Park (RoCP) in my post.

Some people loosely reference RoCP as being College Park Condos, I'm not confused. The building you referenced above is a rental property where people lease a suite from the company who either owns the building or who is the property management firm tasked with operating the building, it is not a condominium.

I almost bought a large suite with a huge terrace on the 12th floor here about 8 months ago as it seemed a pretty good deal, but was lucky that when I was reviewing the suite, I called up the view on the interactive panel in the sales office. What came up was a view of downtown, but being on the 12th floor and looking south, something tweaked in my brain and I realized that this view was, in fact, completely false and instead I'd be looking at the side of the Delta Hotel. I like Canderel/Stoneridge, but that was a cheap enough trick that I scuttled the deal immediately. I hope this hasn't happened to anybody else.

I almost bought a large suite with a huge terrace on the 12th floor here about 8 months ago as it seemed a pretty good deal, but was lucky that when I was reviewing the suite, I called up the view on the interactive panel in the sales office. What came up was a view of downtown, but being on the 12th floor and looking south, something tweaked in my brain and I realized that this view was, in fact, completely false and instead I'd be looking at the side of the Delta Hotel. I like Canderel/Stoneridge, but that was a cheap enough trick that I scuttled the deal immediately. I hope this hasn't happened to anybody else.

I recall that the 'interative panel' showing the views from Aura had some sort of fine print disclaimers (as it always does in all sales office presentation materials) that illustrate "the view from (30?) ____th floor" ... Uptown had the exact same thing

I like the massing of this project. For once I'm liking a new Toronto construction's podium.

Note how the podium mimics the height of College Park facade along Yonge... Then, the next massing mimics the height of the College Park Condos... Then of course the tower takes over the world with its height, yet has proper setbacks.

That's how to build with the rest of the street in mind.

Can't agree with that more ^^^ :D!

Trump Tower Chicago did that exact same thing with all of it's different setbacks... Some buildings these days go for the slogan "every man for himself" as they try to steal all the attention without bearing their surroundings in mind... Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Aura will be a great people friendly building!

I live in the Liberties Condo right beside the Aura construction site. We just received notice that construction will be starting on January 4, 2010. Construction should take approximately 4 1/2 years to complete. I looks like it's a go!

4.5 years? What, do they have one guy working with a spade and some 2X4s?

From start to finish, thats not bad for a 75-85 storey building.

Lets not forget
aura01.jpg

e5000533.gif

OK, not to be a malcontent (
e5000533.gif
), but that's almost as long a schedule as the Burj Dubai, a project incomparably larger and more complex.

I do hope they add the height that was rumoured.

Back