haha.. oh... it was worth a shot :p!:eek:

Dont worry steveve, I totally agree with you. People like to vent on forums when things dont go exactly the way they want them too. Its a waste of their time and effort, but they will never concede that. Its just like how people get mad and say shit in their cars, you will rarely see people saying acting in these ways in face to face situations...unless their class has failed them.

It took over a year for the current project to arrange financing. An additional 10 floors would be a costly endeavour and I'm not sure Canderel has the appetite to re-open that process to find additional partners and satisfy all the other partners currently involved. Certainly a very very difficult (but not impossible) process.

Yeah, easier said than done..but then again i dont know about re-openingi processes, finding additonal partners, satisfying other partners. Ten extra floors would be small potatoes, compared with what Canderel has gone through and most would jump on board to be part of the tallest skyscraper in Canada.

Yeah, easier said than done..but then again i dont know about re-openingi processes, finding additonal partners, satisfying other partners. Ten extra floors would be small potatoes, compared with what Canderel has gone through and most would jump on board to be part of the tallest skyscraper in Canada.

That is not at all the case. Syndicating loans and arranging complex financing has nothing to do with how tall the tower is. Ten extra floors is not small potatoes and none of the banks or those involved in these type of arrangements could give a rats ass if the project is the tallest in Canada - I don't understand what that has to do with any of the financial arrangements.

haha! you guys are funny ^^^
wasn't Sir Novelty Fashion just speaking of 2 word posts *cough cough*

is this 10 floor height increase just a rumour?. or do they actually want to see this happen. i think 10 floors is a lot to add to an already 75 story building... 5 floors seems a bit more realistic to me :).

I like the idea of adding a bit of the height to the Podium. What's planned for the podium of this building currently? Have lease holders been selected?

Sorry to pop balloons, but back when Canderal Stoneridge held their groundbreaking ceremony, it was pretty clear that the additional 10 floors were no longer under consideration. Never say never, but for reasons that Mike in TO gives, it has about a 1% chance of happening.

aurapit.jpg

excavation IS really amazing :)!. its so cool how deep they go and how they can dig so deep without harming the buildings/streets nearby. judging by android's shot, we have about 1.5 floors more to go in some sections of the site!
i wonder what the deepest excavation in history has been for a skyscraper... anyone know? (and i'm sure the building is not in canada).

Yesterday, I had walked by the site during lunch . Small Yellow colour machine on the bottom right had side of the screen, I was told by someone watching excavation, is a compacter. In his opinion, that's as far as deep the digging will go at that corner. Machine will compact the soil and, then, concrete will be poured in.

http://www.remaxcondosplus.com/property.php?propid=EXC4884&agent1=james

Also, a unit in AURA is available on assignment. The first known assignment. Things must be rough out there.

excavation IS really amazing :)!. its so cool how deep they go and how they can dig so deep without harming the buildings/streets nearby. judging by android's shot, we have about 1.5 floors more to go in some sections of the site!
i wonder what the deepest excavation in history has been for a skyscraper... anyone know? (and i'm sure the building is not in canada).

Deepest level where humans can travel to is in a Sudbury mine shaft.

Back