It's pronounced Dund-ass for a reason. But seriously, the square looks so empty in the full shot. I'll never understand why they didn't install benches along the Yonge St sidewalk as well as some greenery. Maybe in a few decades when the square receives the inevitable freshening up they'll install a nice giant hunk of granite along Yonge Street. That approach seems to work everywhere else it's tried.

A little bit further north from where that picture was taken you can now see where the northern edge of Aura will be, and if you use your imagination a little bit you can see how the Hayter allowance will perfectly frame a postcard shot of RoCPI.

Steveve, you know you're not old enough to look at that yet. - You gotta wait till you can fly before you get in tha choppa!

I zoomed in for ya!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I've got to admit that the Uptown looks fantastic in this photo. It looks like it's made of real stone and has been there for 80 years.

I talked to another worker today and he confirmed the transfer slab will indeed be 2 1/2 metres thick. He explained why but lost me after about 30 secs of techno talk.

I wonder if they're making it that thick to act as a counterweight to help keep the building's sway down

Nearly all of a building's sway occurs in the upper floors, which is where a counterweight would have to be located.

Back