Razz, i noticed you are taking shots from the east facing west, as well as shots from the west facing east. Both from really good vantage points. What are the 2 buildings you are getting these amazing views from if you dont mind me asking
Great pics btw

Hey MidTowner,

Both of those shots were taken from the southeast, from the 27th floor of 33 Mill Street (Pure Spirits) in the Distillery. I have not taken any photos from the west. I switched to my 250 mm telephoto lens for the second photo, so perhaps it looked like it was from the west, but it was actually the exact same vantage point as the first photo, just cropped in zoom in a little closer.

My condo unit in Pure Spirits is a corner unit with a north-west exposure, so I'm very fortunate to have the entire east waterfront, downtown, midtown, and uptown skyline view from my balcony. I spent the first 48 years of my life WOY (west of Yonge), but I have to say that since I moved to the Distillery in 2005, the EOY view of skyline trumps the west (sorry if I'm upsetting any WOY'ers - I used to be one). That was not always the case though, but as I often drive into downtown from the west on the Gardiner, the skyscrapers are becoming more an more bunched together, obscuring one another, and the big 4 bank towers in particular. From the east, the opposite is true, and you get a still nice appreciation of the bank towers and the CN Tower. The skyline looks more spread out and orderly, less busy. I truly believe the easterly perspective is one of the nicest views of T.O.'s skyline (not bragging, just grateful) - take the view from Broadview and Bain as an example (amazing). I can't speak to the view from the north (i.e. Yorkville) because I haven't had the opportunity from on high, so I stand to be corrected, but the view from the Distillery is mighty nice, especially at night when the city sparkles. If I can only figure out how to take a clear night time photo. When I figure that out, I'll post some photos. Mind you, it'll be a while before Aura, and L-Tower sparkle at night. Can't wait though...

Razz:
Very true about the view from the east. It wasn't anything special before this current building boom

Also did you shoot those using a canon ef 55-250mm zoom lens? What kind of camera are you using?

Razz:
Very true about the view from the east. It wasn't anything special before this current building boom

Also did you shoot those using a canon ef 55-250mm zoom lens? What kind of camera are you using?

I'm still using my old 8 megapixel Canon Rebel XT DSLR that I bought ages ago. Last year I purchased a used 55-250 mm telephoto lens from Henry's to get some close up shots. I'm ready to upgrade to a newer DSLR, so if you have any suggestions, I'm all ears...

I'm still using my old 8 megapixel Canon Rebel XT DSLR that I bought ages ago. Last year I purchased a used 55-250 mm telephoto lens from Henry's to get some close up shots. I'm ready to upgrade to a newer DSLR, so if you have any suggestions, I'm all ears...
Nice I use that lens! Shooting with a Canon t3i and a 60d. t4i is coming out soon new but the t2i's are cheap as hell now and are basically the same as my t3i minus the flip screen.

Your view of aura from that location is going to look awesome. I look forward to your future updates as construction progresses

I'm guessing that the building is at the 30th to 31st floor. The old curve began at floor 55, but since the addition of 3 additional lower floors it will now begin at 58.

Which means at least 27 more floors to go before the curve.

ya, the curve on the west side occurs quite a few floors before the one on the east side,

we aren't too far off in that regard,

Here is a render

urbantoronto-4706-14287.jpg

It still seems to be taking awfully long to rise compared to other towers like Murano/Burano in the area or the College Park Towers to their west.

It still seems to be taking awfully long to rise compared to other towers like Murano/Burano in the area or the College Park Towers to their west.

Possibly because they are finishing retail to open this fall, and the first many floors to be occupied end of this year all at the same time.

Back