Aura from monday:

7644902176_059a88eef0_c.jpg

and take it in how epic it's gonna be from varsity:

7644828094_dd2029f85d_c.jpg

wow. i actually had no idea L tower held the title for largest penthouse in the city ^ always thought that title belonged to Aura!. i'd love to see that floor plan ( gotta be at least 2 stories)

wow. i actually had no idea L tower held the title for largest penthouse in the city ^ always thought that title belonged to Aura!. i'd love to see that floor plan ( gotta be at least 2 stories)

I thought that they chopped up the large upper suites a few years ago because they weren't selling. I'd take that report with a grain of salt unless anyone can prove otherwise.

Aura granite/ new sidewalk pics., courtesy of my buddy, Evan. He wanted to share these with UT. The streetscaping along the sidewalk here will be the same as the rest of the BIA area/ out front of College Park with tree grates etc.

Walking by on the sidewalk today, I really liked the feel walking past the building. The storefront openings have been handled pretty well, the canopy over the sidewalk will be a nice touch, and the stone-work looks great. For the street-level experience, you can colour me impressed on this one. Not a fan of the tower so far, but I will admit I quite liked walking past the podium. :)

photo1.jpg

photo2.jpg

photo.jpg

No trees is probably a good thing.

Have you seen the state of the ones up by college park? They're used as bike racks and already severely damaged. They'll likely be dead by winter.

Why can't Toronto design things properly - this is such a half-assed town.

I hate to admit it, buts true, if they have a choice of doing things the logical way, or the mis-guided way, they always seem to choose the latter of the two. Our city council spends far too much time debating the hell out of a project that it never gets off the ground, or if it does, it's completely changed.dont get me wrong, I love my city, and I'm a very proud Torontonian, I just get so fed up with city council. I've watched a few of their sessions from the public chamber, I couldn't believe what I was hearing! They literally sounded like a group of polite children arguing over the most absurd thing while leaving the major issues untouched.

I was in Vancouver and I was blown away by the amount of trees over there along the streets. Big, green, healthy. Granted it rains a lot there. But it looks like its very well thought out. Robson st was nothing special, but the trees made it so welcoming and pretty. I'm telling u guys, trees make or break the look of a street. They r absolutely imperative. We need them everywhere.

I agree - but for this to happen we need a) proper bike infrastructure, parking facilities and education to reduce bike-related damage to trees; and b) better design, maintenance and investment in the public realm. It's not rocket science - but somehow Toronto just doesn't get it.

Having just returned from Chicago, Toronto's downtown streets feel like a dirty patched-up mess.

I was in Vancouver and I was blown away by the amount of trees over there along the streets. Big, green, healthy. Granted it rains a lot there. But it looks like its very well thought out. Robson st was nothing special, but the trees made it so welcoming and pretty. I'm telling u guys, trees make or break the look of a street. They r absolutely imperative. We need them everywhere.

ID vote for more trees.. Worth the investment. David Miller had started a campaign to plant something like 50% more trees in toronto. WHo knows what happened when the new administration took over. We do have a problem that our sidewalks are too narrow for all the people though and trees do take up space. Both these issues should be a priority. However it seems that either whats cheapest or what is most efficient tends to be what happens. The city should seriously consider shutting down a lane of traffic on many streets in order to widen the sidewalks.

Robson Street is very nice looking street with the trees, especially at night with the mini Christmas lights in the foliage. But it's not the best street to actually walk along. Unless I need to go anywhere on Robson, I avoid it during regular business hours. Combined with very narrow sidewalks for a commercial street and the large number of people shopping, the trees really get in the way. Denman and Davie Streets are the same, especially with a lot of people going to/from English Bay. A bunch of the trees along Denman are a nuisance as over time the roots have grown and caused upheaval along the sidewalk. I've tripped a couple times because I didn't notice the "rise" in the sidewalk. I can only imagine how someone with mobility issues feels about all of the big, leafy trees in this regard.

I am not advocating against trees, but there needs to be an evaluation of the characteristics of the street, i.e. sidewalk width, pedestrian traffic, etc. I would also argue that Toronto does pretty well for tree coverage in the residential areas compared to Vancouver, considering of course that Vancouver was once a rainforest.

ID vote for more trees.. Worth the investment. David Miller had started a campaign to plant something like 50% more trees in toronto. WHo knows what happened when the new administration took over. We do have a problem that our sidewalks are too narrow for all the people though and trees do take up space. Both these issues should be a priority. However it seems that either whats cheapest or what is most efficient tends to be what happens. The city should seriously consider shutting down a lane of traffic on many streets in order to widen the sidewalks.

the entire turning lane was reduced significantly to widen the side walk to almost 10 meters...and if you walk by the site you would see that there are continuous pits for approximately 12 new trees on Yonge....

Back