From what I have heard on these threads it is being torn down. Not sure if it is as tall as the Old Toronto Star Building, and even then, there might have been something taller than both of them demolished for all I know :p

It was a residence for medical staff - not sure if its being torn down or just completely refitted...

My understanding - dates from when nurse training programs were operated by the hospitals, as opposed to now, when nurse training is part of the education system, with the practical experience component done in the hospitals. The building was the Toronto General Hospital student nurses' residence.

photo6dy.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

If *any* picture does justice to the routine Pomo-ness of the McMurtry/Scott building, it's that one.

Application: Sign Permit Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON M5B 2H4

Ward 27: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 12 225606 SGN 00 SP Accepted Date: Aug 8, 2012

Project: First Party New

Description: To erect and display four illuminated wall signs on the northerly, southerly & easterly elevation walls of second storey, in conjunction with a new retail linen store. **Bed, Bath & Beyond**

To erect and display four illuminated wall signs on the northerly, southerly & easterly elevation walls of second storey, in conjunction with a new retail linen store. **Bed, Bath & Beyond**
East makes sense because that's Yonge Street. But north? Facing the park? I'm not sure I understand that one.

East makes sense because that's Yonge Street. But north? Facing the park? I'm not sure I understand that one.

The renders don't lie. Its going to be on the north side, looks like there is also going to be a wide public walkway connecting Yonge with the park.

spnnv.jpg

The renders don't lie. Its going to be on the north side, looks like there is also going to be a wide public walkway connecting Yonge with the park.

Huh. Well, the walkway sure doesn't seem that wide when I pass by it, but I suppose getting all the construction stuff out of the way will make a big difference.

I presume there'll be a similar sign application for Marshall's?

Last edited:
It's a pretty good sized walkway but for the purpose of focusing on the podium it appears that they've removed the very south end of College Park from the rendering along with the proposed tree canape and the park entrance feature.

Back