Just now, from the webcam:

CI4WAZh.jpg

People are really starting to notice Aura. I drove into Toronto via the DVP yesterday and two people in the car were like "omg what is that huge building"... they were pointing right at Aura. It's catching the attention of everyone as the cladding climbs higher. It sticks out like a sore thumb because there's nothing even close in height near by. Wait until One Bloor goes up... I imagine it will have a similar effect.

In Mafaldaboy's last shot from UoT, the RoCP cluster looks like a giant middle finger saluting Toronto. Possibly unintended, it's certainly an appropriate gesture, being one of the most offensive residential complexes built here in years.

The steel pieces I mentioned earlier have been erected in the double-height mechanical floor, in order to support the cladding.

In Mafaldaboy's last shot from UoT, the RoCP cluster looks like a giant middle finger saluting Toronto. Possibly unintended, it's certainly an appropriate gesture, being one of the most offensive residential complexes built here in years.

lol!
Got a good laugh out of this... thanks!
I'll almost agree :)

March 30
Got a ton of shots from different angles as well from Liberty Village to the Don up on site. The topping off looks odd and has so the last month.
13585718864_cfd03ac7e6_b.jpg

13585385993_7ff29b3544_b.jpg

13585381123_695beef100_b.jpg

13585401203_c6d4475076_b.jpg

13585310143_a44d85d046_b.jpg

13584689145_7306d852a9_b.jpg

Pushing the zoome from the Village
13574389675_f157114b66_b.jpg

13574385985_7b9ace4509_b.jpg

13574445573_9fd32ff76a_b.jpg

Nice pic ^ you can also see very clearly all the lighting strips in that close up.
Work definitely has slowed down, even in the close ups I can't seem to find any workers in those photos.

Is it possible that there is/was a delay with the steel shipments (the ones for the mechanical roof)? I understand these levels are very complex, but it seems to be taking an awful amount of time.

Nice pic ^ you can also see very clearly all the lighting strips in that close up.
Work definitely has slowed down, even in the close ups I can't seem to find any workers in those photos.

Is it possible that there is/was a delay with the steel shipments (the ones for the mechanical roof)? I understand these levels are very complex, but it seems to be taking an awful amount of time.

Steel should be sitting on a fair number of trailers in the fabricator yard for a few months already.

Based on the winter we have had as well the high winds, things come to a stop or a crawl at this hight, let along any tall structure. What you feel as a light breeze a street level will be a lot stronger up there to the point that lifts can't take place.

The stripping shows up more clearly in my photos above.

Ireally like thie Brown Office building in front of AURA in this picture... It's kinda retro and classic and should have been waaay taller than AURA in that pic.
That building should have been 280 m in the core ....

Last edited by a moderator:

Back