Where's Aura?
IMG_7966.jpg

Taken on the 8th.

Attachments

• IMG_7966.jpg
    IMG_7966.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 1,172
And ya the glass is almost at the top on the west side. I could be wrong, but are they gonna install more steel to close the gap on the north side? Maybe once the external elevators are removed?

Sorry for just replying now - but yes I believe they are

Taken today.
That lighting line they're installing on the upper east side is very noticeable (a little bit in a distracting way). It's thicker than the vertical ones used; I kinda liked the more seamless look from bottom to top more, but it'll look better at night I guess.
It's less noticeable in my 2nd pic though due to reflections.

14920746892_6ee62ff0b2_c.jpg

14918025981_c0141bfc7f_c.jpg

Taken today.
That lighting line they're installing on the upper east side is very noticeable (a little bit in a distracting way). It's thicker than the vertical ones used; I kinda liked the more seamless look from bottom to top more, but it'll look better at night I guess.

Im not sure if what you are referring to is actually going to be a lighting line. I think its just the seam between the mechanical glass and the crown glass. Looking at the rendering, it seems there are only going to be vertical lighting lines.

Taken today.

looks beautiful. the curve is so smooth and shiny.
thanks for the updates.

This:

Here's a detail from that shot, pixel for pixel. I believe that the horizontal join as well as the vertical one at the corner will be covered by a dark mullion cap, and I have sent off a note asking if that is true. As it currently looks in its unfinished state, those joins (or lack of them currently) certainly interrupts the flow.

View attachment 30595

EDIT: and now I see that the email won't likely be replied to until mid-August as my contact is on vacation. We may have an answer appear on the skyline sooner than that! Who knows?!

From yesterday from the offices of Cannon Design

pbmZ9LZ.jpg

It's amazing how much that top swoop improves the overall building -- it gives it an elegance and dynamism that the rest of the structure doesn't have.

Back