Does anyone know what the plans are for the new lane way just north of Aura between Aura and Eatons College Park? I HOPE it gets cobblestones or something resembling an urban park. It's a great little space, I hope it's not just going to get paved over and treated as a dead space.

Does anyone know what the plans are for the new lane way just north of Aura between Aura and Eatons College Park? I HOPE it gets cobblestones or something resembling an urban park. It's a great little space, I hope it's not just going to get paved over and treated as a dead space.
That's what has been discussed the past page or two no?

Oooops, I didn't realize that the laneway has been under discussion, sorry. Anyway, it's a nifty little space and I hope it gets utilized to its full potential. If not, I will be writing some angry letters to city council.

It should be treated like a public square. It would be a perfect place for restaurants and cafes with outdoor patios along the sides of both Collage Park and Aura.

It should be treated like a public square. It would be a perfect place for restaurants and cafes with outdoor patios along the sides of both Collage Park and Aura.

It would. But I wouldn't be surprised if it was lined with hot dog stands and the like. I kinda miss my sausage guy that used to camp out on the sidewalk on Yonge's west side, just north of Gerrard.

A row of international street food stands lining this corridor would make a nice summer food destination. (much like the night markets in Asia) It would match the downscale aesthetic of the basement shopping mall. It could be sort of an indoor/outdoor night market type attraction. Night market events in Toronto are very popular, so maybe it could work as a permanent attraction because right now, that crappy mall is not working at all. They need to do something soon or owners are going to lose a hell of a lot of money. They need to rebrand that place and market it like crazy.

It's going to develop a reputation as a "Ghetto Mall" pretty soon and once it does, it will be pretty hard to change that reputation. The developer should do something now, to make that place decent. At a certain point, it's gonna become much tougher to turn that place around.

Back