That's too bad about the restaurants, I quite liked going to Dukes' when I lived in the area.
BB&B I'm not really too surprised; you could often find what you were looking for at Marshalls for a fraction of the cost.

Has anyone been down in the basement level recently? I'm curious on how the retail tenants down there are doing.

And one on High Tech Rd between Bayview and Yonge
Yeah, neither of the other locations are remotely close to downtown, which is unfortunate. Like, it's pretty hilarious they're suggesting people just casually go to the Queensway location instead (which if you don't have a car, thats basically a non-starter). Hopefully we get something decent as a replacement.

Last edited:
Details:

Sounds like the holding company for Ikea outright bought two levels:

Ingka Centres has acquired the Aura Retail Podium from Kingsett Capital's core strategy CREIF Fund. Located at the base of the Aura building, a well-known mixed-use skyscraper co-developed by one of KingSett's Growth Funds, the Aura Retail Podium comprises 12,270 sq. m (132,070 sq. ft) of gross leasable area across 3-floors. Ingka Centres will redevelop the property into a new destination, with the IKEA Toronto Downtown Store set to span 6,148 sq. m (66,175 sq ft) of the ground and second floor.

AoD

I'm disappointed it'll only be two storeys.

I haven't seen the drawings for this one; but I thought that they had a part of the basement, 132,000ft2 is more than double the size of BBB's floor area.

To my understanding, they also purchased parking, I don't know if that's in the calculation.

I haven't seen the drawings for this one; but I thought that they had a part of the basement, 132,000ft2 is more than double the size of BBB's floor area.

To my understanding, they also purchased parking, I don't know if that's in the calculation.

I can imagine they could also displace Marshall's and whatever that gym is called now in the future if they want to snap it up as well (and perhaps even the Shops @ Aura completely?)

AoD

Ground and second floor? Most of the ground floor is taken by the now out-of-business restaurants on Gerrard. Are they going to evict the bank on the Yonge side? There's also a camera store and I think bubble tea place facing the park, but they're small. I don't know if this will help animate the basement, which is deader than Mt. Pleasant Cemetery.

Back