AURA update

Many thanks for taking time out to keep us updated with the construction.

RoCP!

What/where is RoCP1? I am sure a silly question, but I keep hearing this building..

First of all, there is no such thing as a 'silly' question. It shows that you are interested to know something that you do not know.

Canderel, developer of AURA, has constructed 2 apartments buildings just around the corner on Bay Street between Gerrard and College. Collectively they are known as Residences of College Park -- RoCP for short.

Building at 763 Bay, close to College, was constructed first. It is known as RoCP1. Second building at 761 Bay Street is known as RoCP2.

Now you know something that you did not know before. You are now that much smart. You have every right to be proud of yourself.

Last edited by a moderator:
I took another time lapse sequence. This one is from Feb. 2:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ethervizion/4328819047/

They've expanded the site. There's barely a narrow walkway between the construction site and College Park now, and it comes very close to the skating rink too.

Awesome, I love this!!! Please continue to post these, what a great way to see progress. Good music to. May I suggest the "oomp loompa" song when people start moving around the site? :D

Keep 'em coming!

They've expanded the site. There's barely a narrow walkway between the construction site and College Park now, and it comes very close to the skating rink too.

Thanks for the video....love the music.....keep up the good work! There doesn't seem to be much happening yet, but we just have to wait until they start digging.

yay! thanks for another timelapse ether. how far along Gerrard is Aura going to be? Is the construction site going to be past the underground driveway (between gerrard/yonge, and the liberties)?

this was posted today by Sammo at SSP............:eek:

anyways, i was talking to a couple of suburb type architects at a meeting this afternoon. we exchange business cards and stuff when one of them gives me his 'graziani + corazza' card.

i mention to him about how lovely those two first College Park buildings are (lol) and ask about the third, Aura. he tells me they are currently applying to the commity of adjustments/board for increased floor hieghts -for a new height of 286 meters! that's taller than trump i says! he says "yes, and so?".
286 meters and they are confident this will get passed -no problem -in about three, four months.

but the more interesting and surprising bit of info was that they also had and still have a 'surprise' proposal of 90 storeys at about 307 meters that had been kind of shelved since 1BE was canned. they say it's still 'up their sleeve' depending on upcoming'the financial climate, etc.' i asked if he would send me a render but said he was unable... -of course, we just met...

these guys are just mid level architects that work in the office so all i have is their word. but they wore suits (with hard hats) and have suitcases!

thats some entertaining stuff... I'm just happy to see that the basic proposal is getting built, anything else is pure icing on the cake. SHould be interesting to see how this plays out...

4333637644_3aca68dd43.jpg

Sammo posted the business cards of his contacts...also SSP

Last edited:
this was posted today by Sammo at SSP............:eek:

anyways, i was talking to a couple of suburb type architects at a meeting this afternoon. we exchange business cards and stuff when one of them gives me his 'graziani + corazza' card.

i mention to him about how lovely those two first College Park buildings are (lol) and ask about the third, Aura. he tells me they are currently applying to the commity of adjustments/board for increased floor hieghts -for a new height of 286 meters! that's taller than trump i says! he says "yes, and so?".
286 meters and they are confident this will get passed -no problem -in about three, four months.

but the more interesting and surprising bit of info was that they also had and still have a 'surprise' proposal of 90 storeys at about 307 meters that had been kind of shelved since 1BE was canned. they say it's still 'up their sleeve' depending on upcoming'the financial climate, etc.' i asked if he would send me a render but said he was unable... -of course, we just met...

these guys are just mid level architects that work in the office so all i have is their word. but they wore suits (with hard hats) and have suitcases!

Wow, now that is cool..........lets all gather and sing cumbaya until it happens.

4333377657_843cfec99e_o.jpg

Great stuff - if any of this is true it would make it the tallest "building" in Canada - except for FCP antenae.

This makes up for all the huge disappointment about 1Be

Last edited:
Great news about the possible extension!! I'm sooo hoping for it because the floor I purchased my unit on is roughly equal - maybe a little higher - then the Delta Chelsea. Can anyone confirm if the new floors will be "slotted" in throughout the building (effectively boosting most unit a little higher)??

Does anyone know the exact height of the delta Chelsea? Maybe I can also check against the Aura design ...

they also had and still have a 'surprise' proposal of 90 storeys at about 307 meters

Sweet Jesus!

Here's an article dated November 23rd, 2007

http://www.collegeparkcondos.com/pdf/media/ANewEra11_25_07_Sun.pdf

which quotes Canderel president Michael La Brier as saying "We could handle another 10 storeys or so on that building with the engineering and the structure we have... so we might end up with the equivalent of 94 storeys at the end of the day". I've always considered this quote a little odd. But now, with what the architects have just said above, I'm feeling all warm and fuzzy inside!!! ;)

Back