It's cool to think that, in the not too distant future, in order to follow the contrustruction that camera will have to point up.

/\ /\ /\ Posted on the previous page

received another email about the project:
Over the past few months, our construction team has been working diligently on the early stages of Canada’s tallest condominium. Excavation and shoring continues throughout the summer as we are currently 56 feet down into the ground – Wow!

Earlier this month, the permanent on-site ramp was commissioned and the site now allows for trucks and equipment to travel beneath the ramp from one side of the site to the other. On-lookers passing by can’t help but stop and stare.

Get a snap shot of what’s happening on site now with our new web cam. The web cam photo refreshes every
15 minutes.
Soon, we’ll have a live web cam that displays real time construction activity – stay tuned!

Prices Increasing in the Fall
It’s not too late, a great selection of Executive Suites, Penthouse Suites and Retail Condo opportunities are still available.

Hurry in! Take advantage of pre-construction pricing before prices start to increase in the fall.

Tower Suites priced from $800,000's
Penthouse Collection priced from $2.2 million
Retail Condo Opportunities from $330,000's

Would anyone have an updated time of completion for Aura? Thanks!

Officially, there is no news from Canderel about the estimated completion date and there won't be any official news for quite a while either because of Tarion regulations. Here are some of the, unofficial, dates given/being given by Canderel.

In March 2008, I had signed for a unit on the 59th (Executive Floors). In the purchase agreement, occupancy date was given as June 2012.

There are still a few units, here and there, available for sale. Estimated occupancy date on the flyers is Starting June 2012. Occupany dates for units on sub-penthouse floors (71 to 74) is shown as June 2013. Sales girl could not explain as to why it would take 1 extra year to complete a unit on 71st floor (as compared to 70th floor).

No one on this Board believes the occupancy date starting from June 2012. Estimated dates are towards the end of 2013/early 2014.

from today's Daily Commercial News.......looks like they have broken the project into two phases....phase 1, the 4 storey podium, and phase 2, 71 storeys of apts..

CONDOMINIUM APARTMENT BUILDING Proj: 9053182-11
Toronto, Metro Toronto Reg ON NEGOTIATED/PLANS COMPLETE
Aura at College Park, Phase Two, 444 Yonge St at Gerrard St, M5B 2H4
$120,000,000 est

Start: June, 2011 Complete: January, 2013

Note: Working drawings are complete. Sales and marketing are underway. Construction of the Phase One podium building will proceed Fall, 2010. Const Mgr expects construction schedules for this project to be finalized early 2011 for construction Spring/Summer, 2011 based on occupancy. Further update Spring, 2011.
http://www.collegeparkcondos.com/

Project: concrete foundation, cast-in-place concrete structural frame, curtainwall exterior, masonry exterior, steel joist roof structure, fuel fired heating system, glass and steel roof structure; glass and stone cladding; various interior finishes; 15 elevators; proposed const of a 71-storey condo bldg with 932 units. The project will include 1,100,000 sq ft of residential space, in 932 units, and will be built above Phase One, a 250, 000 sq ft, four storey podium building, with 190,000 sq ft of retail space and recreational space for use by tenants four storey podium, that will be followed under report number 9114437.

Scope: 1,100,000 square feet; 71 storeys; 6 storeys below grade; 932 units; parking for 827 cars; 2 acres
Development: New
Category: Apartment bldgs

and here is Phase 1.....

RETAIL, RECREATIONAL BUILDING Proj: 9114437-3
Toronto, Metro Toronto Reg ON NEGOTIATED/PLANS COMPLETE
Aura at College Park, Phase One, 444 Yonge St, Gerrard St, M5B 2H4
$20,000,000 est

Start: September, 2010 Complete: September, 2011

Note: Site work began January, 2010. Sub trades are being awarded sequentially from an Invited list. Structural construction is expected early Fall, 2010. Further update at that time.

Project: concrete foundation, cast-in-place concrete structural frame, curtainwall exterior, masonry exterior, steel joist roof structure, fuel fired heating system, proposed construction of four-storey podium building. This building is the first phase of the Aura at College Park project followed under report number 9053182. The structure will house 190,000 sq ft of retail space and recreational ammenity space for use by tenants.

Scope: 250,000 square feet; 4 storeys; parking for 239 cars
Development: New
Category: Retail, wholesale services; Recreational bldgs

The city has given Aura permission to start excavation work at 6:30am Monday-Friday (it could be Monday-Saturday, can't remember what I read). While this is extremely annoying for those in the area who want to sleep past 6:30 in the morning, it also suggests that Aura is trying to meet its construction deadlines.

Personally, I'd rather they were a few months late because that construction work in the morning is very, very loud.

The city has given Aura permission to start excavation work at 6:30am Monday-Friday (it could be Monday-Saturday, can't remember what I read). While this is extremely annoying for those in the area who want to sleep past 6:30 in the morning, it also suggests that Aura is trying to meet its construction deadlines.

Personally, I'd rather they were a few months late because that construction work in the morning is very, very loud.

I kind of feel for the area residents, but if jets are allowed to fly into Pearson any time after 6.30am for years to come i dont see a problem with a couple of excavators making a bit of noise for the next couple of months. Thats the price you pay living in the big city.

Quote Urbandreamer

I'd rather see a height extension on the puny podium--to say 8s--than on the tower.

^ I disagree. The scale of the podium the way it is, better matches the street wall created by College Park. Keep in mind, the tower doesn't just start above the commercial podium. There is an intermediary, residential podium on the commercial podium to create a setback and fill in the street wall above the 4th floor.

See official renders below:

Attachments

• Aura Official Render B.jpg
    Aura Official Render B.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 279
  • Aura Podium.jpg
    Aura Podium.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 290
Last edited:

Back