What's the deal with these random grey horizontal stripes? Below them I also see a piece of spandrel of the wrong colour. So bizarre.

Isn't this the architects way of adding a bit of 'whimsy' to the structure? I mean there are two buildings on upper Jarvis that do the same thing, but with coloured spandrel, although I must admit they look more like a workman's gaff.

will there be any lighting feature in the crown?

Yes. And that question has been answered multiple times, including once within the last few posts. Googling "aura lighting feature" would have also given you that answer.

Yes. And that question has been answered multiple times, including once within the last few posts. Googling "aura lighting feature" would have also given you that answer.

sir when you have so much stuff going in your mind you cant remember a lot of things and im sorry I didn't Googled the thing.

sir when you have so much stuff going in your mind you cant remember a lot of things and im sorry I didn't Googled the thing.
What does that have to do with anything? Use the forum properly. It's a wealth of information. Look up things like the rest of us do.

Last edited:
I agree that from many parts of Yonge Street/vantage points to the south, the dominance of the lower portions/setbacks is less noticeable, in fact, Aura looks pretty darn good from NPS. But much of this is due to perspective and the way Aura was designed. Go anywhere east or north along Yonge and this all changes. The tallest setback still creeps up on the curved portion a bit too much to my liking. I've said this before but it would have helped if they reversed the east/west setbacks. It doesn't make sense to have one that high up facing east on an area of Yonge Street where there are essentially no high-rises.

It would be interesting to see what this building would have looked like with another setback atop the current penthouse and an extra 20 floors added..

Aura accentuates Toronto's skyline, stretching it northward, as viewed today from the Leslie Street Spit:

Aug 12

2zdou1h.jpg

Last edited:
What makes aura really special to me is the fact that I can see the top part of the building from so many different places downtown. I kinda use it as a position compass much like the CN Tower.

Back