Hello all!
I am a new member of Urbantoronto however I have been visiting this site for quite some time now. I always considered creating a username and now I felt that I had to in order to relay my message to you all. I am running in a online competition hosted by Nameourcondo.com which I am sure all of you have heard of by now. I feel my entry is one of the strongest names i came across while browsing through the possible names. I have chosen NeXXus Condominiums and my rational for the choosing this name is as follows: "Deriving from the word "Nexus" which means to bond or connecting. The NeXXus Condominiums are situated at an intersection connecting the worlds longest street (Yonge St)to Toronto's most vibrant area (St. Lawrence district) and on a grander scale rural to urban."
Please vote for me at: http://www.nameourcondo.com/entry/1288
You can vote for more than one entry and you can vote every 24 hours. I would appreciate the help and will return the favour to any others that are competing as well.
Best wishes!

Michael

Are you a hair stylist?

http://www.nexxus.com/

I thought we're not entry spamming here?

We should keep the discussion here to the voting/marketing process of this development, constructive criticisms/comments on the entries, and any new news on the development.
Having people posting their entries (especially repeatedly) would make for a boring pointless thread.

Last edited:
It's better than a lot of other names. I had no idea about nexxus hair products, I just googled the word and that's what I came up. I thought that name was already taken, but mistook it for Ventus by Tridel.

It's better than a lot of other names. I had no idea about nexxus hair products, I just googled the word and that's what I came up. I thought that name was already taken, but mistook it for Ventus by Tridel.

Thanks alot! I hope you express your approval with daily votes hahaha...

Agreed. This is just reckless trolling on the part of the developer to make sure his campaign works. What a joke.

Hey everyone! Please vote for my entry: THE GLÃ…S ESPLANADE

http://www.nameourcondo.com/entry/1688

You can vote for multiple entries so if you already voted, you can vote again! I think that this would be the ideal name for the condo, because the name reflects a clean and modern place to live in Toronto. The towers exude a crisp and efficient atmosphere, in which a wide array of personalities can live in harmony. All of the condominiums in Glås have a refined European elegant style combined with an air of relaxation.

Yeah I wrote that under my entry on the website as well.

I really don't like a lot of the names on there, and I'm not saying that to put anyone down, I just think that a lot of them are ridiculous and A. don't reflect the condominium or the area AT ALL i.e. "Euphoria", "Trojan Condos", and B. are irrelevant and not serious. i.e. "I don't use condos", "Trojan Condos"

thanks everyone :)

Can we just close this thread until the contest is over?

Don't hate. Some of us aren't popular enough to win this popularity contest. I only have 48 votes which I scrambled to get. People like me who don't have 1000 friends on myspace or facebook, have to resort to asking strangers on forums.

malina:

Please do NOT make more than one post for your entry on the forum - they will be deleted and further spamming may lead to banning. Thanks.

AoD

Malina -- Glas is already taken by a building on Charlotte Street (King-Spadina).

Last edited:
So, it's still early - there's another month left - but what's our prediction on who will win? I have a feeling that of the current top ten, "Y.ES Tower" will be chosen. It's cute, simple, and positive. I don't necessarily think it's the best (I kind of have a fondness for "House"), but it seems the most marketable. "Backstage" is also a good choice for them.

So, it's still early - there's another month left - but what's our prediction on who will win? I have a feeling that of the current top ten, "Y.ES Tower" will be chosen. It's cute, simple, and positive. I don't necessarily think it's the best (I kind of have a fondness for "House"), but it seems the most marketable. "Backstage" is also a good choice for them.

I think that it is way too early to tell. Once the major "hype" of the contest settles a bit, I imagine there will be some excellent names submitted.

Then again, I quite like "Y.ES Tower"!

Back