You can tell these are careless spammers (Malina, for example), as they only have a few posts and they all have to do with their name entry.

There are many entries which seem to come from other contries, which the contest states entrants are limited only to residents of Ontario.
It will be interesting to see how this contest pans out.

You can tell these are careless spammers (Malina, for example), as they only have a few posts and they all have to do with their name entry.

There are many entries which seem to come from other contries, which the contest states entrants are limited only to residents of Ontario.
It will be interesting to see how this contest pans out.

there are more "Careless spammers" (as you put it) than just myself. But thank you for taking the time out of your day to notice me :) I really do appreciate it. It humbles me to know that there are people like you who will put their life, hobbies, and wide array of interests aside, in order to log onto this forum and notice me. Thanks! And don't try to apply this comment back to me, I was here pushing my own interests. Ciao

I have to admit a little hesitancy in regard to spending time on this name our condo contest. It appears as a bit of a never-ending unfolding debacle to me. The problems, which many forum members have pointed out, are numerous. They include many non-Ontario residents making entries (against the rules), many entries that duplicate existing condo names in town (useless to the developers), a huge percentage of joke entries (makes it difficult to take the contest seriously), and frankly, and huge number of poorly thought out entries that no marketer would touch with a ten-foot (3m) pole. I feel for the developers, though. Castlepoint/Cityzen/Fernbrook have demonstrated that they know very well how much fun we have made of the worst condo names over the years, and they have bravely gone to the public to correct that. They are getting some good entries, but boy there's a lot of dross to sift through to get to them. Too bad the entries weren't moderated a bit more: I'd give more thought to the contest if it weren't such a huge time hog to find the good stuff.

So that's the contest... and then there's this thread. Yes, it has veered off of being strictly a P&C thread, and for the time being, I don't see the problem. As much as I wish there were a contest I could take more seriously, I don't think we need to take this thread too seriously for the moment. We do need a place to record the contest activity, and nowhere on the forum gets more activity than P&C. Since there is no new concrete information on the building itself for the time being, what does it hurt to use the thread for the contest talk? Once the contest is said and done we may remove this portion of posts to another place on the forum, but we'll figure that out as things unfold.

For now though, sure, there are some suboptimal posts on here. While UrbanToronto is not a closed society, we have all these people joining UT just to promote their own entry, imploring us in all seriousness to vote for names that include brands that are associated with other developments (Malina: Glås was built by a competitor, so it's more than unlikely that these developers would want to touch it) or products (MTGallet: NeXXus spelled the same way as a hair product line? Give up on that one...) which do not have much hope of gaining widespread acceptance from our membership or ultimately with the developers. At the same time, all's fair in love and contests, so no need for us to be utterly serious about all of this. Keep the entries coming, only tiresome spamming will be removed, read the project brief, grab a dictionary, read a map (Yonge Street is not spelled Young, and especially not Younge), make us proud, and, uh, vote your conscience.

Last edited:
or products (MTGallet: NeXXus spelled the same way as a hair product line? Give up on that one...) which do not have much hope of gaining widespread acceptance from our membership or ultimately with the developers.

42[/QUOTE]

Im sure there is a product named Euphoria, there is a line of cigars named excailbur... so please tell me why I should give up on Nexxus? especially since I was not aware of the hair care product. I have been reading posts on UrbanToronto for a long time now and I have been interested in highrise revelopment and urban planning for as long as I can remember. It is not like I came on this site only to promote my self, yes I created an account for that reason, however its not like I only visit this site for that reason. I frequent this site as well as Emporis, Skyscraperpage.com and others, I am in my last year of the Geography and Urban Studies degree at York University and I want to win this contest so that I can potentially promote my self to these developers. Sure I would like $5000 it would help with tuition but that is not why I am trying so hard. It is so discouraging hearing such negative feedback when I am certain if it said "Mtgallet lives at ut, or senior member" anyone would vote even if my name was lambskin condo. I think my name selection is good, and i think the reasoning behind it is even better. Stop being so stubborn and give me a chance, what harm will come out of it? you can vote for as many people as you would like anyways. You people have no idea how hard I am trying and I thought going into this I would get more help from fellow urban enthhousiasts instead it has been quite the contrary, I have gotten more support from members of gaming websites, I cannot believe this. Stop being so hard on me just because I dont live on this website.

www.nameourcondo.com/entry/1288

Im sure there is a product named Euphoria, there is a line of cigars named excailbur... so please tell me why I should give up on Nexxus? especially since I was not aware of the hair care product. I have been reading posts on UrbanToronto for a long time now and I have been interested in highrise revelopment and urban planning for as long as I can remember. It is not like I came on this site only to promote my self, yes I created an account for that reason, however its not like I only visit this site for that reason. I frequent this site as well as Emporis, Skyscraperpage.com and others, I am in my last year of the Geography and Urban Studies degree at York University and I want to win this contest so that I can potentially promote my self to these developers. Sure I would like $5000 it would help with tuition but that is not why I am trying so hard. It is so discouraging hearing such negative feedback when I am certain if it said "Mtgallet lives at ut, or senior member" anyone would vote even if my name was lambskin condo. I think my name selection is good, and i think the reasoning behind it is even better. Stop being so stubborn and give me a chance, what harm will come out of it? you can vote for as many people as you would like anyways. You people have no idea how hard I am trying and I thought going into this I would get more help from fellow urban enthhousiasts instead it has been quite the contrary, I have gotten more support from members of gaming websites, I cannot believe this. Stop being so hard on me just because I dont live on this website.

While I like the reasoning for the Nexxus name, I think that it will have issues gaining momentum due to the hair product-line. Nevertheless, as mentioned, I like your reasoning for the name and your cause.

The nexxus name got my vote for the day!

While I like the reasoning for the Nexxus name, I think that it will have issues gaining momentum due to the hair product-line. Nevertheless, as mentioned, I like your reasoning for the name and your cause.

The nexxus name got my vote for the day!

Thank you for hearing me out. I don't know how much this hair product line will effect the names success, I'm not a lawyer and I'm not a hair stylest lol. Nevertheless thanks for the support and I hope others will notice

Instead of Tower, why not Y.ES Condos? Y'ES Condos.

Any affordable condos left in Toronto? Y.ES.

Close to transit? GO Y.ES.

It would be tragic to have Urban Toronto the condo named after such an ugly building.

Last edited:
there are more "Careless spammers" (as you put it) than just myself. But thank you for taking the time out of your day to notice me :) I really do appreciate it. It humbles me to know that there are people like you who will put their life, hobbies, and wide array of interests aside, in order to log onto this forum and notice me. Thanks! And don't try to apply this comment back to me, I was here pushing my own interests. Ciao

Sorry malina, I just jumped the gun and assumed your post was like the many others who have only posted a couple times on these forums only to spam their entry.
I have been annoyed about how this contest has been dominated by spammers not just here, but on Twitter, Facebook, etc... anyways I'm now just sitting back and just watching how this story unfolds, so I'll keep quiet on this.

No hard feelings malina.:eek:

Keep the entries coming, only tiresome spamming will be removed, read the project brief, grab a dictionary, read a map (Yonge Street is not spelled Young, and especially not Younge), make us proud, and, uh, vote your conscience.

You mean like this?

http://urbantoronto.ca/showthread.p...tlepoint-31s-Page-Steele)&p=426961#post426961

http://urbantoronto.ca/showthread.p...tlepoint-31s-Page-Steele)&p=427151#post427151

http://urbantoronto.ca/showthread.p...tlepoint-31s-Page-Steele)&p=427458#post427458

http://urbantoronto.ca/showthread.p...tlepoint-31s-Page-Steele)&p=428300#post428300

All made by the same person, in a relatively short time.

Back