The Adelaide facing wall gets recreated on the Yonge side of the Addition Elle building, and the Yonge side of the historic building will end up facing onto Temperance

Oh--that's better. I was confused by the low quality rendering.

A full rendering is up in the portion of PATH under Bay-Adelaide. I'm pretty sure we've only seen the base.

imagewto.jpg

image1cn.jpg

image2j.jpeg

Thanks for shooting that. We haven't seen that particular rendering before, but we have seen more than the base. A number of images are in the dataBase file for this project, linked at the top of the page.

judging by that last render, looks like they made this tower even more of a plain box, the corners are completely flush now.

It looks like it has inset spandrels along the floor edge. That might look kind of sharp if that's what they're actually doing and it isn't just an effect in the rendering

A few movie cars thrown into the mix:

WP_20130404_021.jpg

WP_20130404_022.jpg

Attachments

• WP_20130404_021.jpg
    WP_20130404_021.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 768
  • WP_20130404_022.jpg
    WP_20130404_022.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 732
Great to see this part of the core start to come alive. Adelaide between Yonge and Bay was so depressing for the longest time.

Oh so that is why I was almost late for work today. Driving on Adelaide from University to Yonge took roughly 20 minutes..... The one day I don't take the TTC. Argh

How stunning. A box made of glass!

Again, why go with such a reputabe firm for this? It's cookie cutter.

How stunning. A box made of glass!

Again, why go with such a reputabe firm for this? It's cookie cutter.

Because reputable firms can handle the insane level of attention to detail needed to make a box look classy as opposed to lazy. Execution and quality of materials used make a huge difference. Any idiot can design a box, it takes a pro to make the box work using high-quality materials.

Back