Nice shot of the terraces from Tridel's Twitter:
bianca-terraces.jpg

I like this building a lot. If the neighbourhood had a bit more going on, I'd be really tempted to buy here.

Attachments

• bianca-terraces.jpg
    bianca-terraces.jpg
    289.2 KB · Views: 884
I like that view of the terraces, though it'd be preferable to offer to use a more interesting flooring material than those plain grey tiles.

Any bicycle infrastructure included in those streetscape improvements, ADRM?

Depends what you mean by that - there will be a not insignificant amount of bike parking added (along with potentially additional bike share stands), but Planning said Dupont will not be getting bike lanes or cycle tracks of any kind. Though, to note, all of those BIA-led streetscape improvements will occur well east of this particular site.

Frustratingly, Planning considers the uber-dangerous Davenport painted lanes as part of the cycling network and, perhaps even more frustratingly, I gather internal tradeoffs were made politically along the lines of "Bloor gets the bike pilot, so Dupont must remain for cars." Given the latter frame, I asked if/when the Bloor lanes get ripped out (which I expect will be the case), the Dupont question will be reconsidered, and the answer was "no."

Given the latter frame, I asked if/when the Bloor lanes get ripped out (which I expect will be the case), the Dupont question will be reconsidered, and the answer was "no."

Things change over time. New politicians get elected. Bureaucrats with different visions come and go. It's hard to say what decisions City Hall will make in 5 years. They might be more bike friendly then. As is, the Bloor lanes are a major step forward towards making the city more bike friendly and easing congestion.

It's conceivable that someone may assemble some lots to the south and put up another building; however, it's likely that those views will be permanent.

Beautiful building I just don't think its in the most desirable area though.

Last edited:
Beautiful building I just don't think its in the most desirable area though.

It's adjacent to the Annex, which is a big plus. In real estate, there are always areas that are undesirable today but will become desirable tomorrow. If you're starting off without a lot of money, say as a young person without money from parents, it's good to look for buying opportunities in these areas. They have some factor that will make them desirable in the future like proximity to the downtown core, proximity to other desirable areas and places, well built and spacious homes, etc.

Houses that are now out of reach for many people in areas like Cabbagetown were once undesirable. Now people pay millions. It's something to consider if the economic alternative is a property in a seemingly more desirable but mundane area like a cookie-cutter 905 neighbourhood. I don't even think the value quotient will be particularly good with this building since it's so clearly close to the streets associated with the Annex.

Site yesterday.

IMG_5407.JPG
IMG_5406.JPG
IMG_5408.JPG
IMG_5409.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_5407.JPG
    IMG_5407.JPG
    442.8 KB · Views: 741
  • IMG_5406.JPG
    IMG_5406.JPG
    363.5 KB · Views: 727
  • IMG_5408.JPG
    IMG_5408.JPG
    467.8 KB · Views: 735
  • IMG_5409.JPG
    IMG_5409.JPG
    391.8 KB · Views: 724
This building is right beside a train track though...does anyone know how often trains run on the track and the noise level of it? thanks.

This building is right beside a train track though...does anyone know how often trains run on the track and the noise level of it? thanks.
very often, and presumably quite loud. this is CP's main freight line, there are a ton of large freight trains rumbling through all the time.

Back