News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

New station added today at 163 Fallingbrook Rd, making it the easternmost station in the Central System Area. 22 stations to go!

Good! I want to see them slightly extend/infill all the 'edges' of the central area with the remaining stations.

Go further east on Kingston Road to Warden, then Birchmount and Rosetta McClain Gardens. (3)

Add one at Dawes/VP; and infill at Westlake/Lumsden, Gerrard/Woodbine (likely one block west), Donlands/Mortimer (4)

Extend east of VP on Danforth to serve the Oakridge Community Ctr on Pharmacy, and Oakridge Park on Danforth. (2)

Warden Woods (2, one at each end)

Then move over and fill out the Interchange section of the City.

(Bloor/Old Mill, Bloor/Royal York, Prince Edward/Bloor, Royal York/Queensway, Park Lawn/Berry and Queensway/Parklawn) (6)

Then Rogers/Dufferin, Eglinton/Dufferin, Caledonia/Eglinton and Caledonia/Rogers in the north-west (4)

Finally, St. Clair/Avenue.

That's my 22.

Looks like I might have to cut one;

I see they added a station at Mutual/Shuter, yesterday!

Looks like I might have to cut one;

I see they added a station at Mutual/Shuter, yesterday!
Badly needed. One of the largest gaps left downtown filled - and right in the middle of a ton of upcoming density. Perhaps I'm biased though as this would have been my main station at my last apartment..

Last edited:
Good! I want to see them slightly extend/infill all the 'edges' of the central area with the remaining stations.

Go further east on Kingston Road to Warden, then Birchmount and Rosetta McClain Gardens. (3)

Add one at Dawes/VP; and infill at Westlake/Lumsden, Gerrard/Woodbine (likely one block west), Donlands/Mortimer (4)

Extend east of VP on Danforth to serve the Oakridge Community Ctr on Pharmacy, and Oakridge Park on Danforth. (2)

Warden Woods (2, one at each end)

Then move over and fill out the Interchange section of the City.

(Bloor/Old Mill, Bloor/Royal York, Prince Edward/Bloor, Royal York/Queensway, Park Lawn/Berry and Queensway/Parklawn) (6)

Then Rogers/Dufferin, Eglinton/Dufferin, Caledonia/Eglinton and Caledonia/Rogers in the north-west (4)

Finally, St. Clair/Avenue.

That's my 22.
Add Bathurst/Beltine (though it's quite close to an existing one on the Beltline just south of Roselawn across Chaplin Crescent from the running track), Allen/Beltine (east side), Marlee/Beltline, Dufferin/Beltine, and Caledonia/Beltline as well

A few tidbits from the 2021 reports to Budget Committee back on Nov 23rd.

2020 ridership and membership are forecasted to grow 12 percent and 52 percent respectively and ridership fee revenue is expected to increase 57 percent compared to 2019.

As the expanded system is further adopted by cyclists during the on-going pandemic, 2021 ridership and fee revenue are expected to grow by 20.6 percent and 22.0 percent respectively.

Yes, excellent. This was actually one of the sites I was planning to email TPA to suggest as a location, though it looks like I had no need to be concerned. :)

I think 2021 needs to have a significant "fill-in-the-gaps" expansion into Mt. Pleasant-Davisville-Leaside.

Last edited:
Yes, excellent. This was actually one of the sites I was planning to email TPA to suggest as a location, though it looks like I had no need to be concerned. :)

I think 2021 needs to have a significant "fill-in-the-gaps" expansion into Mt. Pleasant-Davisville-Leaside.

Agreed; though there are lots of gaps at the edges of the network, in the Upper Beach, East York, Leaside, Oakwood-Vaughan etc.

Then there are the obvious expansion targets.

You guys are a little too quick! I was still editing my post. :p

Agreed; though there are lots of gaps at the edges of the network, in the Upper Beach, East York, Leaside, Oakwood-Vaughan etc.

Then there are the obvious expansion targets.
I still find it a little worthless to expand to areas like further north to Lawrence Park where mode share for cycling is much lower, there are less destinations around, and there are more topological constraints. Instead, I hope they focus on making the newly serviced areas in Midtown even better. A location at the Metrolinx owned site (for their Crosstown emergency exit) at Petman and Eglinton would make a lot of sense, for example.

The same holds true for those downtown shoulder network areas like you mention too.

Back