News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Will there be an expansion in 2021? I thought no budget has been allocated for expansion anymore. Hopefully I’m wrong as we need more ebikes.

No budget is allocated as you note.

I expect there will be some minor expansion as Councillors have been including them in Section 37 agreements.

But there will likely be federal money for active transportation in 2021 (I expect); and it will likely result in more Bikeshare expansion.

I think the question mark is whether the order will be placed in time to allow rollout in 2021 vs 2022.

Also there are no locations in Thorncliffe Park, the closest station to me is a 30 minute walk :(
Yup. Thorncliffe and Flemingdon Park are probably ripe for expansion due to their residential density and proximity to downtown and the rest of the BikeShare system. I see so many Bikeshare bikes in ET Seton Park already, I have been curious this summer where the Bikeshare users heading northbound originate from!

Also there are no locations in Thorncliffe Park, the closest station to me is a 30 minute walk :(
I just want a Thorncliffe station so that I can take a bike share to Costco when I need one or two things, or am just picking up a prescription.

New station added this morning at Sunnybrook Hospital!
Haha literally just came here to write this!

Is this the time of the workday to check if there are new stations or something? :p

Its not even up on their Twitter feed yet!

@LNahid2000 clearly has a sixth sense about these things.

No bikes there yet.

Its good to see this, but I have to say there are some large gaps in terms of logically connecting these docks (here and Bloorview) to transit or other key destinations.

Notably:

No Dock at Lawrence Station.

No Dock at the Whole Foods on Bayview (which would seem a logical place one might bike to for food or to grab groceries on the way home.)

One on (or in light of the construction of the Crosstown.........near) Eglinton, east of Bayview would make sense too.

It would make sense to install one at the Glendon Campus of York U as well.

Assuming this isn't a weird system glitch.........it appears a new station is going in this morning at Horner and Connell Court in Etobicoke.

What an oddball spot!

1607527501033.png

Interesting - I wonder what the logic is behind that. Not a location I would consider a priority.

Its not on their map right now; so I'm not sure if they're fiddling with it; or they are moving that station elsewhere.

I concur, this would not a location I would prioritize within south Etobicoke.

Back