News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Will they hit their target number of installs before Christmas? Seems very possible.

We're now at 774 station across the City, six shy of the 2023 goal.

New Stations:

View attachment 528205

View attachment 528206

View attachment 528207

View attachment 528208

View attachment 528209

View attachment 528210
The one at TE Seaton Park by Eglinton has been there at least 3 years. There's a new one at the south end of the park

Screenshot_2023-12-18-17-05-58-76_ace8e83d3614b8be9baa68fff2c3cf15.jpg

Last edited:
The one at TE Seaton Park by Eglinton has been there at least 3 years. There's a new one at the south end of the park

View attachment 528250

Thanks.

Saw the station name, and just quickly glanced, looking for a station w/zero bikes, as most go in that way. Obviously, found the wrong one!

Here we go:

1702939356115.png

Reactions: PL1
In the last two weeks I have found three Bike Share bikes that had not been re-docked and appeared to be abandoned. I docked them but must say I have never seen so many (in different places) before. Is this a 'thing'?

I noticed many more broken docks in 2023. Sometimes, I'd bike to a dock with one or two empty docks only to find that they are empty because they don't lock. I can see how someone could just dump the bike and leave if in a rush. Or if they don't realize that it didn't lock, someone would take it after on a joy ride and abandon it.

I never encountered broken docks in 2021 and 2022 as a casual user.

I noticed many more broken docks in 2023. Sometimes, I'd bike to a dock with one or two empty docks only to find that they are empty because they don't lock. I can see how someone could just dump the bike and leave if in a rush. Or if they don't realize that it didn't lock, someone would take it after on a joy ride and abandon it.

I never encountered broken docks in 2021 and 2022 as a casual user.
Yes, there are more non-operational docks - or bikes that do not dock easily. I guess due to older equipment. Not sure there is any way for a user to flag a "dead dock' - which WOULD be a good idea - otherwise, how do Bike Share find them??

8pm last Thursday. Wanted to get a bike when I got off the train from Mimico but there was none. Even that last one didn't have any. Ended up walking to by destination which added another 20mins. Would be great if these were more reliable as a last mile solution.
1000022703.png

Mayor's office got back to podcaster Toronto Mike on his concerns. He tweeted the response here. Copy below.

View attachment 539626

The change in the operating budget described above is accurate, based on proposals to date. As to the capital budget, I'll have to examine what changes the mayor made, but there was actually a deferral of outyear bikeshare expansion in the original 10-year plan this year.

Back