The 18 story plan / approval was old ... I think the 41 story tower was always in the work for this site.

Was it by the same developer though?

After going through AND securing approvals for a 18 storey residential condo in 2007... I guess the builder came back with formal applications for a 41 storey tower now (as others noted) ... WOW thats more than double then the previous approval :eek:

While the application is much greater than the 2006 application, it should be noted that its a new developer (lifetime) and new architect (wallman)

While the application is much greater than the 2006 application, it should be noted that its a new developer (lifetime) and new architect (wallman)

Thank you :)

There was a note on Adam Vaughan's website about the new developer a while back and their intentions.

Fail. I really hope the city starts to take control of these developments in this neighbourhood. I have the feeling that if they let all these developments go through, a neighbourhood full of condos all being 40 stories, might look quite boring. Let's see some variations in scale and build form for once.

Not to mention the area would probably be quite unpleasant acting as a giant, sunless, windtunnel.

466 ft. i like the fact that it has no balconies,definately a rarity among new condos.

It might have inset balconies like X Condos and 1BE.

24 3-bdrm units. Each new application seems to get more and more in this area. Costs aside, I like the idea of creating bigger units for families, but it really makes you wonder if some locations (like this one) are that ideal for raising kids.

Meh, what's ideal, anyway? Everyone has a different view of that. I would love to have grown up in such an area, and would love to raise kids in one.

And anyway, if the neighbourhood really is sub-optimal for child-rearing but a lot of families move in due to the availability of big flats, the neighbourhood will probably change.

I don't agree with some of the local councillor's crusades, but the bigger units thing is great.

I like the idea of creating bigger units for families, but it really makes you wonder if some locations (like this one) are that ideal for raising kids.

I understand where you're coming from, but it's attitudes like this that drive me crazy. I am hoping that Toronto sees a tipping point in the next few years where people realize that raising children in downtown actually makes more sense than out in the burbs.

Would you question someone raising children in Manhattan?

Near this location are all the amenities you would need, plus a a decent sized park nearby. This is a great place for 3 bedroom units for families.

Yeah, there are some great parks, the harbourfront, and even a couple of schools (Niagara, Cityplace, Alpha/Brant if you're a neglectful hippy parent).

I guess the only thing missing is other kids.

I know that if I ever have children (God forbid, hopefully), they'll be growing up in an urban environment. I believe isolation and boredom brought on by suburban life breeds far more social problems than a good downtown upbringing. I went to highschool in a crappy 'skirts town (Stouffville), and the amount of petty crime and racism that still exists was ridiculous. Some of the most small-minded people I've met were from those days.

Back