Some creaton has poured either purple paint or purple ink over numerous sizable sections of granite and over top of the lights in the granite which illuminate the trees from below. I saw about 20 areas of damage from Church Street to about 55 Bloor East. Hopefully it's not permanent and washes away with the next rainfall.

Yellow for days!

All but four trees have been planted between Avenue Road & St. Thomas Street on the south side. These trees look considerably shorter than their counterparts on the east side of Yonge Street, not that it's a big deal.

Some work is taking place in front of the Colonnade, I hope the fountain that has been removed is replaced or rebuilt.

It looks like most, if not all of the trees have now been planted between Yonge & Avenue Rd. This strip is going to look sensational once all the trees have leaves on them. No landscaping in the planter boxes has been done yet west of Yonge. Presumably if it ever stops raining they'll get that done in good time. Hundreds of tulips east of Yonge are a day or two away from breaking out into an orgy of colour.

They were planting trees on Wed when I was up there for a few blocks of walking.

As for the leaves, Hello, they are only starting to bud now. Geeeee!!!!
5712665564_42f125eb85_b.jpg

5712105265_1d5ceb897e_b.jpg

5712667034_74c840981e_b.jpg

If we ever get more than two days of sunshine in a row...

^^^ really? leaves are out on everything here in Niagara... you'd think these trees would atleast show some signs of green! It just doesnt seem right ot be in mid May and have bare branches on trees.

^^^ really? leaves are out on everything here in Niagara... you'd think these trees would atleast show some signs of green! It just doesnt seem right ot be in mid May and have bare branches on trees.

Around here (i.e. Yonge and Eglinton) they planed some new trees last year in what I'm sure is a much worse setup then they have on Bloor - trees are just starting to come out now here.

Last edited:

Quite a few trees are just beginning to bud here in TO, some have nearly full formed leaves - others nothing yet. We're behind about 2-4 weeks where we normally are for buds/leaves having such a wet, overcast spring. Cherry blossoms just came into bloom this past week, about mid-week and tulips began to bloom early in the week, others in more shaded areas are not quite there yet.

Everything is in bloom east of Yonge and looking terrific. Buds are coming out on the trees but there are bigger, more developed buds on the newly planted trees west of Yonge Street. Leaves should be out in about a week/week & a half providing we get a few sunny days. I thought I'd grab a few pictures now in case those mean Ford brothers (Bob and Doug) wander up, stomp on all the flowers, kick dirt and break branches off the trees just to ruin something really nice in this city.

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

West of Yonge Street to Avenue Rd. landscaping is done now and it looks pretty good. The tulips have been transplanted so they don't look sensational - but who's complaining? Not me!

Great bursts of colour added to a fantastic new streetscape. It will be interesting to see the plantings change over the seasons.

If last year was any indication, they will.

Really wish they had incorporated some of the elements that are present at Yonge and Dundas (around the planters present in front of Best Buy).
- elevated edges suitable for seating
- bicycle posts

Otherwise looks fabulous.

"Really wish they had incorporated some of the elements that are present at Yonge and Dundas (around the planters present in front of Best Buy).
- elevated edges suitable for seating
- bicycle posts"

I would assume great thought was put in by the BIA to either encourage or discourage these activities. I know that depending on the commercial tenant or building owner bicycle parking or seating infront of the building is considered great or a blight.

Back