did you read the post above yours?

they can't start anything until the CNE is over

They can't start construction until then, I know that.

But they can release renderings and make their Season Seat Holders aware of what's going on. Which they haven't.

They have gone eerily quite on this. Which leads me to believe the project may be in jeopardy.

I did a City of Toronto permit search for the stadiums address and found nothing. I don't think they have sent Permit drawings to the City to review. Can't build without permits.

I wonder if this project has been shelved, with the departure of Tim Leiweke. I also wonder if that is part of the reason why he is leaving.

TFC is imploding right now. I realize this expansion is for Leafs outdoor games, but at this point there is zero need for 8000 more seats for TFC.

Plus there has been no news on this project for months. Were we not promised renderings and news about this months ago? Weren't they suppose to start construction soon?
PCL is currently still working on this, and has people assigned to the project ... so ... no, I believe it is still a go. A friend of mine attended a meeting regarding the project late last week. Obviously he can't get into specific details, so I'm not sure if it has or has not fallen apart. My understanding is that they were to launch the project after the Ex is wrapped and packed up, so the lack of action doesn't necessarily really mean anything.

As a TFC fan and seat holder, I'm a little angry that we have been shown essentially nothing.

Last edited:
I did a City of Toronto permit search for the stadiums address and found nothing.

Either way, i think this has been approved

170 PRINCES BLVD
Ward 19 - Tor & E.York District

To obtain site plan approval to allow for the expansion of BMO field.
Proposed Use --- # of Storeys --- # of Units ---
Applications:
Type Number Date Submitted Status
Site Plan Approval 14 171615 STE 19 SA Jun 10, 2014 Under Review

]

Either way, i think this has been approved

170 PRINCES BLVD
Ward 19 - Tor & E.York District

To obtain site plan approval to allow for the expansion of BMO field.
Proposed Use --- # of Storeys --- # of Units ---
Applications:
Type Number Date Submitted Status
Site Plan Approval 14 171615 STE 19 SA Jun 10, 2014 Under Review

]

Thanks for that!

That's only Site Plan Approval though.

I wonder if they've applied for the rest of the Permits or if they have been approved.

Even if they have the Permits it doesn't mean they have to build it. With Leiweke's departure I'm not sure they are going to carry through with it.

Thanks for that!

That's only Site Plan Approval though.

I wonder if they've applied for the rest of the Permits or if they have been approved.

Even if they have the Permits it doesn't mean they have to build it. With Leiweke's departure I'm not sure they are going to carry through with it.

And with the recent circus + Defoe's impending departure, they should probably think about folding up the franchise completely...

Those stands? Definitely mid-rise, and not residential.

I wonder if this project has been shelved, with the departure of Tim Leiweke. I also wonder if that is part of the reason why he is leaving.

TFC is imploding right now. I realize this expansion is for Leafs outdoor games, but at this point there is zero need for 8000 more seats for TFC.

zero need for more seats? they are selling out ....so they need more seats to get the next customer into the ground.

Plus there has been no news on this project for months. Were we not promised renderings and news about this months ago? Weren't they suppose to start construction soon?

Given how compressed the timelines have been on this project....I always suspected that we would see the renderings as (or just after) construction started.

zero need for more seats? they are selling out ....so they need more seats to get the next customer into the ground.

Sorry, when I made that statement it was under the assumption that Defoe would be sold yesterday. Because if that did happen I don't know how they would sell 30,000 or even 22,000 for that matter.

Even now they are going to have to make the playoffs just to keep the base the way it is.

As for sellouts, I think this club has a history of doctoring its numbers.

Given how compressed the timelines have been on this project....I always suspected that we would see the renderings as (or just after) construction started.

But why so silent on the season seat holder front if this is full steam ahead?

Last edited:
Sorry, when I made that statement it was under the assumption that Defoe would be sold yesterday. Because if that did happen I don't know how they would sell 30,000 or even 22,000 for that matter.

Even now they are going to have to make the playoffs just to keep the base the way it is.

As for sellouts, I think this club has a history of doctoring its numbers.

Been to every match this year and I would say the sell outs are pretty legit. Sure you see some empty seats at every match but you also see a couple of thousand people crammed into the patio in the north end (they would all have a ticket elsewhere in the stadium)....this past saturday was probably the match with the most empty seats but that is not a surprise for a club with 17k season seat holders when a match on a long weekend happens....people have to decide whether to go to the match or do any of the other things that families tend to do on long weekends.

Their entire marketing approach this season has been to rebuild their "waiting list" (which I hear is back up around 5k) for people to call on for season tickets next year as they try and move the number from 17k to 25k

But why so silent on the season seat holder front if this is full steam ahead?

Like I said, I don't think they have anything new to show us....they got approval...they go into planning design phase and are likely gonna get the construction going just as the ink dries on the plans....it is that tight. They got approval in mid june and plan to be building in mid September....certainly when I bumped into one of TFC's business types at the stadium a couple of weeks ago he expressed no doubt when I asked them if it was a go.

Been to every match this year and I would say the sell outs are pretty legit. Sure you see some empty seats at every match but you also see a couple of thousand people crammed into the patio in the north end (they would all have a ticket elsewhere in the stadium)....this past saturday was probably the match with the most empty seats but that is not a surprise for a club with 17k season seat holders when a match on a long weekend happens....people have to decide whether to go to the match or do any of the other things that families tend to do on long weekends.

Their entire marketing approach this season has been to rebuild their "waiting list" (which I hear is back up around 5k) for people to call on for season tickets next year as they try and move the number from 17k to 25k

Like I said, I don't think they have anything new to show us....they got approval...they go into planning design phase and are likely gonna get the construction going just as the ink dries on the plans....it is that tight. They got approval in mid june and plan to be building in mid September....certainly when I bumped into one of TFC's business types at the stadium a couple of weeks ago he expressed no doubt when I asked them if it was a go.

The marketing plan is screwed now with Defoe having one foot out the door.

They promised revised drawings. That's why it's a big deal that they haven't produced any new plans yet.

The marketing plan is screwed now with Defoe having one foot out the door.

Players come and go.....Bradley was the better signing anyway....and if Defoe leaves in January they have a couple of months to find the next DP that most people in Toronto had never heard of before but will be sold as the second coming (and in the TFC sense he may be ;) )

They promised revised drawings. That's why it's a big deal that they haven't produced any new plans yet.

Believe what you want....but I am not getting my knickers in a twist because they have not shown me new plans within 6 weeks of getting the ok to proceed with the project.

Players come and go.....Bradley was the better signing anyway....and if Defoe leaves in January they have a couple of months to find the next DP that most people in Toronto had never heard of before but will be sold as the second coming (and in the TFC sense he may be ;) )

Believe what you want....but I am not getting my knickers in a twist because they have not shown me new plans within 6 weeks of getting the ok to proceed with the project.

Lol. Knickers in a twist? Give me a break. I just think the lack of news is interesting. I'm not upset about it.

Back