20101023057.jpg

Sometimes, a project is so interesting structurally, I wish it could be left unclad. Right now, Burano's like a piece of sculpture. The cantilever is awesome!

Last edited:
Hold on, I didn't know that low-rise next to Burano was coming down, how did I miss that? What a shame.

From College today I saw that there's an entire floor of glass glazing/cladding already!

Cladding is just average... not that impressive. :( but thank god it's not another green glass condo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Cladding is just average... not that impressive. :( but thank god it's not another green glass condo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

hmm, it's Murano 's glass no? idential! there should be no suprise here.

It looks like it's more grey/tinted than Murano's glass. It's also an altogether different pattern.

I hope it's at least a slightly different tint, otherwise the cluster there will look really monotonous

It looks like it's more grey/tinted than Murano's glass. It's also an altogether different pattern.

I hope it's at least a slightly different tint, otherwise the cluster there will look really monotonous

Looks the same to me : ) the pattern came from staggering the panels between floors so we can't really tell at this point.

I agree with your other points - a slightly different tint would be nice.

Nov. 1st

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

It's been interesting and somewhat surprising for me to see both Burano and Shangri-La begin to rise. For some reason I expected the floorplates on both of the buildings to be larger than what they are. Not a bad thing by any means, I just expected bigger.

South end -

East side (facing Bay St.) -

North side -

North and west side -

For condos positioned like Burano I (as a potential buyer let's say) would prefer a less transparent glass, given proximity to street views and neighboring condos. I can see EVERYTHING in the lower units from College and Bay - the residents of those units will either live in a cave of blinds or live a life of daily exhibitionism.

the model made it look as if it was going to be black ala "X"...

Models almost never represent the cladding accurately. Remember One Bloor's model being all white or Ice's model being copper coloured? Half the time the models are just translucent.

Back