Sorry, I know this has been asked before but; That red building, I know it's full i.e. fully occupied from what I recall and it's government building, but what's up with the ground floor level?

Sorry, I know this has been asked before but; That red building, I know it's full i.e. fully occupied from what I recall and it's government building, but what's up with the ground floor level?

I suspect the retail leases expired so why re-lease if the building is coming down in the near future?

I suspect the retail leases expired so why re-lease if the building is coming down in the near future?

But it's not ? You're referring to the plan to build the larger government building; Seems like we established that's pretty long term i.e. 3-5+ years.

Inspired by androiduk's fantastic photograph yesterday I had to stop by today and grab a couple more updates. It was incredibly windy on Bay Street, I could barely hold my camera steady at Wellesley & Bay. I gotta' tell you, I felt pretty uncomfortable walking under the hoarding in front of Murano with those crazy winds, especially after I noticed that even more of the glass panels above the sidewalk have blown out since I was last by here.

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

North of the Burano site and south of the site, respectively -

]

Dt's first photo is gonna be the greatest ever when built. it's basically a clear, unobstructed view of Burano and a canyon changer. still hard imagining this tower more than double the height, and that's basically the thing i'm looking forward to.

As Grenville and Bay is the terminus of the Highway of Heros, where fallen soldiers are carried to the Grenville entrance of the Coronors building, a middle-of-the-road University Ave style monument might do double duty as a pedestrian reprive zone.

by me

5471266596_6cf6f5b69b_z.jpg

am i the only one who doesn't get what urban shocker says half the time? :confused:

I believe he's saying that whereas MLS tricks the eye into believing that the towers are rhombus shaped, Burano is indeed a true rhombus. Using circuitous and flowery language is often used to make simple observations appear more insightful or sophisticated than they really are. Think of such flourishes as the pippypoos and doodads of language.

Last edited:
I believe he's saying that whereas MLS tricks the eye into believing that the towers are rhombus shaped, Burano is indeed a true rhombus. Using circuitous and flowery language is often used to make simple observations appear more insightful or sophisticated than they really are. Think of such flourishes as the pippypoos and doodads of language.

Actually, I made the point using three words less than you did.

Actually, I made the point using three words less than you did.

As evidenced by poor steveve's reaction, it's hardly making the point at all if you're not actually being understood. Regardless, nowhere is it written that brevity equals simplicity or clarity.

Back