them downgrading to cheaper washer/dryers probably paid for their kids vacations to europe and new mercedes for a bunch of the top guys...

dont be suprised!

you are not serious! really??

Many newish condos I have been to are still providing top loading washers/dryers.. its one of those things new home buyers don't really ask about.. Most ppl only care about stainless steel appliances, granite countertops, hardwood floors and etc.. If its not going to make a difference in majority of consumers mind why spend the extra money... If i was a developer, I wouldn't waste my money on putting in a front loader.... That's just business.. They are in it to make money at the end of the day.

Regarding the pool, the Developer (Cresford in this case) is responsible to establish the common element budget for the first year and pay for any overruns that may occur. This is why the sales office can only guarantee that the pool will be heated for the first year.

For year two and beyond it will be up to the Condo board (elected by residents) and property management, to manage the common element budget, which will in turn dictates maintenance fees.

Regarding the pool, the Developer (Cresford in this case) is responsible to establish the common element budget for the first year and pay for any overruns that may occur. This is why the sales office can only guarantee that the pool will be heated for the first year.

For year two and beyond it will be up to the Condo board (elected by residents) and property management, to manage the common element budget, which will in turn dictates maintenance fees.

Agreed, however I'm sure the builder expects that the board will not choose to keep it heated because of the costs. I will say though regarding the comments about it being stupid to put an outdoor pool in a condo in this city. For me, personally, I prefer this. I'm not a big swimmer and the only time I'd usually desire to go for a swim is outdoors on a hot summer day. For some who like to swim regularly this would be a big negative but for me it's not and I prefer that it's outdoors for summer use.

Regarding the washer dryer, it's not as if they would have done anything at the time of purchase for one individual if they had an issue with the ones included. I would imagine that the PH units would be getting higher end ones though. I actually went online to the sears website though and looked at the stacked machines they have and there are about a dozen, and only one of them has a front load on it. Although, I've seen in appliance stores non-stacked type machines on top of each other since the doors are on the front I imagine this is why you don't see stacked combos with front load in the first place. I think you only need a special stacked unit when using the old fashion machines with a top load washer. According to the prices on Sears it's actually the same price if not more for a stacked set opposed to what I've seen a front load washer and dryer go for. I really don't know their reasoning.

There is one example of total waste /money and energy/. I have never seen anyone to use this pool in the winter. :confused:

Attachments

• DSC03446.jpg
    DSC03446.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 249
In fairness, that pool at Waterclub is an indoor/outdoor, so people are likely using the indoor portion throughout the winter.

In fairness, that pool at Waterclub is an indoor/outdoor, so people are likely using the indoor portion throughout the winter.

Yes, they are probably using the indoor part, but they are connected and all the water gets heated, if they had some kind of divider and empty the outside part during the winter it would be way more effeicient.

P.S. attaching one more picture from the summer as the first one is very depressing :)

Attachments

• DSC04297.jpg
    DSC04297.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 250
Agreed, however I'm sure the builder expects that the board will not choose to keep it heated because of the costs. I will say though regarding the comments about it being stupid to put an outdoor pool in a condo in this city. For me, personally, I prefer this. I'm not a big swimmer and the only time I'd usually desire to go for a swim is outdoors on a hot summer day. For some who like to swim regularly this would be a big negative but for me it's not and I prefer that it's outdoors for summer use.

Regarding the washer dryer, it's not as if they would have done anything at the time of purchase for one individual if they had an issue with the ones included. I would imagine that the PH units would be getting higher end ones though. I actually went online to the sears website though and looked at the stacked machines they have and there are about a dozen, and only one of them has a front load on it. Although, I've seen in appliance stores non-stacked type machines on top of each other since the doors are on the front I imagine this is why you don't see stacked combos with front load in the first place. I think you only need a special stacked unit when using the old fashion machines with a top load washer. According to the prices on Sears it's actually the same price if not more for a stacked set opposed to what I've seen a front load washer and dryer go for. I really don't know their reasoning.

In my opinion, it would have been smarter to just build an indoor pool. Cresford was trying to sell cool, instead of practicality.

A cool pool in the nice weather, and somewhere even cooler to practice your Biellmann spin in the winter - sounds fine to me.

Agreed, however I'm sure the builder expects that the board will not choose to keep it heated because of the costs.

I don't see why the builder should care or even why it's any of the builder's business as to how the residents choose the manage their own building once it is registered and the builder isn't responsible for the budget after the first year. The builder provided an amenity in which the purchasers bought into - it's up to the purchasers to decide if they'll use that amenity and if they are willing to cover the ongoing maintenance fees in the future.

Many newish condos I have been to are still providing top loading washers/dryers.. its one of those things new home buyers don't really ask about.. Most ppl only care about stainless steel appliances, granite countertops, hardwood floors and etc.. If its not going to make a difference in majority of consumers mind why spend the extra money... If i was a developer, I wouldn't waste my money on putting in a front loader.... That's just business.. They are in it to make money at the end of the day.

AFAIK, most of the recent projects I have seen within the past couple of years had front loading washer/dryer for energy efficiency reasons ... I'm very suprised Cresford is cheaping out on these simply costs @ Casa ~ :(

AFAIK, most of the recent projects I have seen within the past couple of years had front loading washer/dryer for energy efficiency reasons ... I'm very suprised Cresford is cheaping out on these simply costs @ Casa ~ :(

Having worked on a project by Cresford I would say not impressed with them, but having said that I concur with wannabeplanner, they know what buyers pay attention too and will give them the bells and whistles.

I bought at The Printing Factory and a stacked front-loading washer/dryer was available as an upgrade (about $150.00 if I remember correctly). Top loading was standard. Does anyone see any reason why most builders wouldn't make that option available?

Ya I actually saw those wood panels going up yesterday. They just look like slabs of pine finish wood. Very bland at first impression but I'll reserve my judgement for the finished product.

Back