this project has been very well documented with photos! Casaguy, I expect you'll be publishing a coffee table book on the construction process once you move in? that last pic is very insightful and congrats also on that latest 'vertorama'!

Thanks, Redroom. By the way, your photos have been quite stellar lately.

Now all we need is for a construction worker on the CASA site to start snapping some pics of the unfinished units and of the skyline views.

Working on the roof of the extended lobby. Interesting to see how they do this...

podiumcasa.jpg

I was actually under the impression that the lobby glass was going to go all the way up to the top of floor 5...from this pic it looks like it's just hitting the top of floor 4...or is this just an illusion?

I think it's just supposed to go a few feet above the fifth floor. (The same height as the side walls surrounding the amenities level.)

DSCN0885.jpg

From being at the physical site...the side wall adjacent to the swimming pool looks to be at least a person high....pretty much making it impossible to see the homeless shelter poolside.

Yes, I think you're right. The walls may be around 6 feet high (or a little more) giving complete privacy to the amenities level. I wonder if what they're working on is not the actual "roof" but rather something for the glass to cling to. Looking at the photo above, I'm curious if the glass will actually "wrap over" to create part of the ceiling like it does on the model.

Last edited:
Working on the roof of the extended lobby. Interesting to see how they do this...

podiumcasa.jpg

The underside of the lobby area is a labyrinth of scaffolding. Unfortunately I didn't have my cam on me today.

The underside of the lobby area is a labyrinth of scaffolding. Unfortunately I didn't have my cam on me today.

Camera in tow today.

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

Superwide scaffold shot

Last edited:
March 22 2009 update

Casa tonight ~

IMG_3592.jpg

Painting Balconies

given the amount of exposed balcony overhangs in Casa, I truly hope Cresford would do the 'right thing' and paint the concrete balconies ... otherwise a disaster is waiting to happen ... look at the 'pretty' product created at Windermere by the Lake (also by Cresford) :(

IMG_3587.jpg

Last edited:
BSN doesn't have undersides of balconies painted/treated either. That doesn't fare well for Casa at this point.

BSN doesn't have undersides of balconies painted/treated either. That doesn't fare well for Casa at this point.

Not sure about BSN, and Nightma-I mean-Windermere By The Lake is an entirely different location, but CASA WILL have the undersides of the balconies treated/painted. This is just too beautiful a building, in too important a location, with just too much extra needed to market successfully during these times - for CRESFORD to screw it up. This is usually one of the last things done on a building, but given the prominence of the wrap-around balconies, I would look for this to begin happening by June, once the building has reached full height. Perhaps a bit sooner.

Leave it to Cresford to F#*K things up. As someone mentioned earlier it's a mystery how they're still in business. Don't expect them to do anything logical.

Back