Sweet Jesus that's tall! From this angle it looks like Casa is taller than CIBC and The Bay towers.
aww you beat me to it. i was just about to say that. Anyway that angle is amazing. kind of looks like a less stumpy bay adelaide.

How much smaller will casa be to CIBC?

It's supposed to be shorter than CIBC but taller than The Bay.

I've carefully counted... the raised forms are for the flooring of the 44th level.

It's still not clear if there will be any missing floors for silly superstitious reasons, so how many more levels are left to pour is difficult to say for sure.

Last edited:
^ Casaguy, all the floors are accounted for (including floor no.13), so once they complete the ceiling of the 43rd floor, there should be 3 more floors, including the mechanical/hat finale. The wild card isn't missing floors due to superstitious bs, but any unusual plans they might have for the upper/penthouse suites. If u you look at the art rendering, the "mechanical" floor IS the 46th floor, which would then mean there are only 2 more floors left of the current type. The brochure also lists layouts until the 41st floor, so who knows what they've got planned past those in terms of layouts. Perhaps more of the same...In any case, penthouses have not been officially released (but I saw some plans at the sales centre).

Last edited:
Sweet Jesus that's tall! From this angle it looks like Casa is taller than CIBC and The Bay towers.

According to the 400 foot lists (July 2008 & May 2009)* a comparison of nearby buildings to Casa in the general Yonge/Bloor vicinity which are currently built, or under construction:

Four Seasons Hotel [West Tower] - 686 ft., 55 floors
44 Charles Street West [Manulife Centre] - 545 ft., 51 floors
The Uptown Residences - 518 ft., 48 floors
Two Bloor St. West - 488 ft., 34 floors
Casa - 453 ft., 46 floors
X Condominiums - 453 ft., 45 floors (+7 ft. pending approval)
Two Bloor St. East [Hudson's Bay Centre] - 439 ft., 34 floors
88 Bloor St. East - Plaza II Apartments/Marriott Hotel [Hudson's Bay Centre] - 415 ft., 41 floors
Crystal Blu - 393 ft., 36 floors
BSN - (who the hell knows), 32 floors

* there are discrepancies from list to list and from planning documents, this is just a general interest piece for entertainment purposes only to roughly compare heights in the area to Casa.

Last edited:
9 May 2009 photo update

Spooky vibes from the westside this afternoon:

dsc00796c.jpg

According to the 400 foot lists (July 2008 & May 2009)* a comparison of nearby buildings to Casa in the general Yonge/Bloor vicinity which are currently built, or under construction:

Four Seasons Hotel [West Tower] - 686 ft., 55 floors
44 Charles Street West [Manulife Centre] - 545 ft., 51 floors
The Uptown Residences - 518 ft., 48 floors
Two Bloor St. West - 488 ft., 34 floors
Casa - 453 ft., 46 floors
X Condominiums - 453 ft., 45 floors (+7 ft. pending approval)
Two Bloor St. East [Hudson's Bay Centre] - 439 ft., 34 floors
88 Bloor St. East - Plaza II Apartments/Marriott Hotel [Hudson's Bay Centre] - 415 ft., 41 floors
Crystal Blu - 393 ft., 36 floors
BSN - (who the hell knows), 32 floors

* there are discrepancies from list to list and from planning documents, this is just a general interest piece for entertainment purposes only to roughly compare heights in the area to Casa.

Interesting that X will be as tall as CASA...I'm not sure how this is possible with it's 8' ceilings on the lower floors (at least from what I've been told). I also find it interesting that The Uptown is proportionately the same height as Crystal Blu given that all units have 10' ceilings while the lowers half of the Uptown is 9'. The height listed of Crystal Blu seems right but I wonder why The Uptown is so tall...maybe the antenna on the roof?

I would have to assume that the 453 ft height for Casa is inaccurate as it does not take into account the 2 additional floors that the developer applied for and was granted after construction started.

I went back & forth this morning between 400 foot lists, "application for height increase" photos that I have archived, planning documents etc. until my eyes were crossed. I tried to take what seemed to be the most commonly documented floor/height for each that I noted. For Blu, I took the approved height and added 19' (9' X 2 floors + 2-6" slabs) so that was a guess.
Anyway, it was all a rough comparison for fun to contrast Casa and it's tall neighbours. I make no claims that it's 100% accurate :)
Something I notice (and have for some time) is that some floor counts include mechanical levels, and others only include office or condo/apartment living levels excluding mechanical so there are discrepancies there too.
I didn't include other nearby highrises in the area such as 1BE, Couture, 606 Yonge, 45 Charles E., Cumberland Terrace remake, 67 St. Nicholas, 568-580 Jarvis etc., as they are in a 'status unknown' category at this point in time.

It's certainly not 100% precise, but here's a pic just for comparison's sake of building heights.

Taken this morning pretty much directly from the west. I assume we need to take into account that Charles Street is a few feet lower than Bloor Street.

casacompare.jpg

Back