There are ads in the paper this morning for CASA and BSN that they have moved the sales office to 45 Charles...so I imagine the new one must already be open as of today.

I'm no expert at all but I don't know if the moving costs would be feasible simply to save on lease costs. My personal beleif is that they moved so that they can be right next to their 2 buildings. Now anybody walking down Charles that sees this buildings can have a sales office to walk into. And I would also imagine that once the buildings are complete and there are still units available that potential buyers can be easily taken next door into the buildings to have a tour.

Finishing up the flooring of the 46th level. Will be interesting to see if another level or two are added.

DSCN4586.jpg

I was on the Danforth today and by the looks of it the current floor going up next doesn't look normal sized...I think it could possibly be the mechanical?

Such a handsomely proportioned building - and it's difficult to think of a purer expression of the concept of contemporary, big city, high rise, residential living than a tower that's faced top-to-toe with ceiling-to-floor windows and fronted with glass balconies. I can't see how it could have been further reduced to that essence.

penthouse residences

I received a letter from CASA dated May 27th. Looks like they are planning a presentation launch of their penthouse units. The invitations will be sent out soon in the mail. Looking forward to it.
:)

I received a letter in today's mail about the new sales center. Don't bother making a special trip there unless you want info on the penthouse units (more on that in a minute).

There is absoultely nothing at the moment in the presentation center other than a front desk and the models of both buildings. I asked if anything will be there and they told me only for BSN which is about 85% sold, for which they will have some sort of demo kitchen. CASA is also 85% sold but they say it's basically all just the penthouse which isn't on sale yet. So now the info on the penthouse. Apparaently they went on sale on Saturday but they don't have any official info on those yet. So supposedly there will be two penthouse units on the 45th and 46th floors priced at $800-$900 sq ft. I was shocked to hear this as the regular units in the building are priced just below $600...apparently the finishes for these units will be very different from the rest of the building and equivalent to the new four seasons. Now I was also told that 42-44 will be half Penthouse and the other half "best selling" units but with 10' ceiling height.

Attachments

• n58014461_46317509_2965895.jpg
    n58014461_46317509_2965895.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 187
  • n58014461_46317510_3166273.jpg
    n58014461_46317510_3166273.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 197
  • 4613_770484087131_58014461_46317511_7619812_n.jpg
    4613_770484087131_58014461_46317511_7619812_n.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 198
I was in there on Sunday. There are a lot of rooms which just look like they haven't been setup yet. Aren't they going to have to have samples of materials for people to make choices for their suites at BSN and Casa and a room to sign deals in?

I don't see any sign for a variance in height at the Casa site, isn't there normally a sign or two posted for such matters?

Sometimes I walk by (I most often have camera and charged batteries in my knapsack) and I just can't help myself, I have to grab a photo of this building.

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

8 June 2009 photo update

Hats off to those that bought here--a friend of mine recently asked me: "What's that glass building rising in the Yorkville skyline?" (Obviously many ppl including him are clueless about development in this city...:p)

dsc00298o.jpg

Drove past the site this morning. The gates were open to the lobby and there was a big unit sitting there. It looked almost like 2 industrial sized stainless steel refrigerators attached together and wrapped up in packaging...could this be part of the mechanical destined for the top of the building? Also, they are now starting the brickwork on the front piece of the lobby :)

Back