IMG_may-24-09-0119.JPG

May 25th Update

The balcony painting is flying ahead, it looks like about 11 levels are completed already

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

...and the brick laying is moving to completion on the west, east and south sides

May 27th

I like how Casa nearly disappears into the low cloud cover this afternoon. The second photo is darker because it had begun to rain pretty hard by then (5:45pm)

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

Wow that is one insanely cool pic. I could stare at that for hours. So much to take in. Amazing how Yonge lines up from Sheppard north in that pic.

Great! :eek:

Also, it shows you how much more space there is for extra density. That middle portion of Yonge south of Bloor could sure use a couple of towers.

Also, it shows you how much more space there is for extra density. That middle portion of Yonge south of Bloor could sure use a couple of towers.

Well, very soon, Crystal Blu and the Uptown Residences will rise to fill part of that gap. It's also likely we'll see 1Bloor East tower above these buildings within 5 years. Plus, Milan (north of Bloor), and the proposed development off St. Joseph Street, along with sexy X (currently rising), U and Couture are in the mix. Midtown will be very urban, very soon. Can't wait for the Bloor Street transformation to be complete.

Last edited:
Well, very soon, Crystal Blu and the Uptown Residences will rise to fill part of that gap. It's also likely we'll see 1Bloor East tower above these buildings within 5 years. Plus, Milan (north of Bloor), and the proposed development off St. Joseph Street, along with sexy X (currently rising), U and Couture are in the mix. Midtown will be very urban, very soon. Can't wait for the Bloor Street transformation to be complete.

Can't forget the Four Seasons development.:)

Cresford has an app. in to open a sales centre at 45 Charles E. next to CASA. I assume this is to replace their sales centre at Yonge & Davenport. They also have 2 apps. in this month for revisions to CASA.

Cresford's sales office on Yonge Street closed today, I presume they will be moving soon.

I decided to go by yesterday...my cell phone was lost so I'm sorry I couldn't take any pictures. I went down via the DVP and at one stage of the drive before you hit the curve CASA is starring you right in the face and is the biggest building in your site. I beleive this would be around or just before the Don Mills exit.

At the site: they have now finished the black brick to the top of the podium on the east and west sides (couldn't see the south). No work on the lobby yet but the space is totally bare now...even more so than a week ago but I can't put my finger on the change...although it looks incredibly open and grande. The balconies look to be painted almost to the 20th floor. I also saw a worker standing on one of the balconies close to the 20th floor carrying a large box into one of the units. My first guess would be that this could be something to be installed into the unit but they would bring all this stuff in now from the inside so I really don't know what it could have been.

Back