June 9th Update

The glass masterpiece known as Casa, from above. BSN is on the right

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

Thank you thank you thank you!

Looks like the 45th floor, north east unit has a different layout...

must be where Casa's Penthouse "Collection" Suites start ~

What a great addition to the Uptown skyline!

June 12

IMG_june-12-09-0092.JPG

IMG_june-12-09-0096.JPG

IMG_june-12-09-0100.JPG

IMG_june-12-09-0106.JPG

IMG_june-12-09-0107.JPG

The building is one of the best going up right now. Still, I'm wondering how exuberant the hat will be or the lobby. With regards to the hat, I remember being all stoked for the brise soleil of Clewes' 22 Wellesley which looked like some sort of diving board in the renders. It kind of looks like a cheap afterthought in real life, though.

One drawback to density: there's no real way to stand back to get a proper photo of the entire building in one take.

June 14-09

A few shots of Casa today walking down Mt. Pleasant Road (not recommended!) from roughly Shafestsbury Ave. to about South Drive.

June 15-09

From U of T, Back Campus. Aside from Casa (and Murano under the Murano thread), I love the contrast of so many styles of architecture from this location

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

On first glance it appears they're setting up do pour another level, but I think that scaffolding must be for something else.

You can clearly see that the 46th floor has much higher ceilings and that the ceiling concrete is much thicker than the other floors.

Also, my neck and back are hurting just looking at the painter. I hope he's well compensated.

Last edited:
It appears that they're getting the forms in place for the "hat". Looks to be wider than a normal floor. This is an exciting development. And as Casaguy points out, ceiling height on the 46th floor certainy looks to be more than on 42-45. Possibly 11 or 12 feet? Sadly, I'll be slumming it with 9 ft. ceilings on a lower floor.

Back