I'm absolutely sick and tired of Concord and the uninspiring, soulless, and spandrel laced garbage they continue to put up in our city. At this point I dont know who has it worse with this developer: Vancouver/Richmond or Toronto/North York.

I can already vote this worst build for 2019. The Entertainment District is a lost cause in this city, and at this point we might as well just strip the "Entertainment" out of its name because it's quickly losing its flair.

While I'm not sure about that (well, maybe), I agree that the inner 905 suburbs especially have seen a real increase in design quality as of late. The mix of buildings going up in VMC and MCC is a very similar spread of quality to downtown projects.

Permits have been applied for:

Screen Shot 2018-09-24 at 11.11.19 AM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-09-24 at 11.11.19 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-09-24 at 11.11.19 AM.png
    113.5 KB · Views: 1,147
Reactions: PMT
Come on Dude, Mississauga has more iconic buildings in the recent boom than Toronto

Depends what you consider iconic. Developers in Mississauga have put more flair into projects since the beginning of the boom starting with Skymark, No1 City Centre. IMO, the only building that stands out is Absolute with its whimsical artistic expression. The rest use rudimentary patterns and decorations inspired from other designs.

Concord needs to be banished to somewhere dreadful, like Durham Region.

There's worst than Concord that I would be banishing to the hinterland before them. They have declined but, pretty much everyone has. Cityplace has turned out okay considering the era it was designed and built.

Actually, Concord has gotten their shit together in Vancouver in terms of condo design and materials (at least relatively). Their recent work has definitely been an improvement, such as the Arc (u/c) and the Met (in burnaby). Looking at their plans for North East False Creek, it seems like they're attempting to leave a better mark behind. I wish I could say the same for Canada House, their so-called "legacy" project ...

Actually, Concord has gotten their shit together in Vancouver in terms of condo design and materials (at least relatively). Their recent work has definitely been an improvement, such as the Arc (u/c) and the Met (in burnaby). Looking at their plans for North East False Creek, it seems like they're attempting to leave a better mark behind. I wish I could say the same for Canada House, their so-called "legacy" project ...
I'm sorry but I beg to differ, the current garbage that they are putting up in Richmond known as Central Estates, Park Estates, and Concord Gardens would say otherwise. I didnt even bother taking a picture of the project while I was there since my eyes were busy rolling to the back of my head.

Back