Slight signs of progress. A while ago - maybe three weeks ago or so - one of the workers on site said that the perimeter shoring was complete, all that remained was two holes to be drilled in the middle of the building footprint. Perhaps (my guess) for the shafts for a couple of hydraulic elevators to service the ground and below ground levels? The center of the site, where the shoring machine had been, is now clear, and the caisson portions which had been sitting on the ground are no longer visible. Perhaps the next step may be removal of the shoring machine itself.

IMG_20190906_155747.jpg

Awful design and developer.

Not sure who they bribed to be able to completely tear down those gorgeous Victorian townhouses with so much City history!
Instead there is an ugly uninspiring building that doesn't have any elements of the neighbourhood (unlike PJ Condos or King Blue)

And because of Concord, the condos will have structural damage within 3 years of built and probably will leak in 10 years

Awful waste of development space

Hey - Concord Adex - WTF is going on here?

1. No one working on the site today. Minimal, if any progress since Red Mars' photo from October 13 above, and it is now November 5. The only visible change is the excavator has moved to the north end of the site, and the south end is now a small lake - filled with water. Given that shoring started in mid-March, is this site in a race to be the slowest in the GTA?

2. The securing of the site is incredibly sloppy. The fence sections for the main gate have a large gap a person can get through. The two fence sections are linked by a piece of cloth that has been loosely knotted - picture below. In other places, fence sections appear to be just leaning against each other.

3. The overall physical impression of the site is sloppy, doesn't anyone have any care, any pride in what they are doing here?

IMG_20191105_111535.jpg

IMG_20191105_111414.jpg

IMG_20191105_111503.jpg

IMG_20191105_111810.jpg

IMG_20191105_111823.jpg

IMG_20191105_111851.jpg

I have zero enthusiasm for the turd that's coming. They can take their time.

I'd expect nothing less from the worst developer in the city. Hopefully they accidentally shredded all their plans and paperwork for this project.

While there has been more activity on the site in recent days, additional excavation, followed by work on the retention walls and preparation for the staging platform to be built over the excavation at the south end of the site (similar to the Taylor on Spadina), this is still a s**t hole of a site. I have never yet seen any clean-up being done on the sidewalk, not like the Plaza site just south on Widmar, where the sidewalk there seems to be being hosed and swept continuously.

20191204_144301.jpg

20191204_144237.jpg

Back