Working on the top floors...from this angle, the floor plates appear to be getting larger.

11132009953.jpg

I'm liking the built form here! of the building it self.

But, the base / tower doesn't go well together - in terms of colour choices.

Chicago topped out...pics by Jasonzed at SSC...

20091114005.jpg

20091114007.jpg

Is that retail I see on the bootm of this tower? IF it is, that's a good sign.

Yes it is.

Now what goes in there could not be a good sign with Sq One a block away.

You need to hear the whining about Capital base and lost business over the parking.

Yes it is.

Now what goes in there could not be a good sign with Sq One a block away.

You need to hear the whining about Capital base and lost business over the parking.

yes, i saw this on the Mississauga news the other day. no changes to the future plans of the project though,:)

One of the more aesthetically pleasing building in the city.

Other than the fact that this is a Mississauga, Suburban condo Complex... it really is a nice building.

The round edges are refreshing, and so is the brown brick as well as the arched windows.

Every new building is a variation of a glass box, and no matter how many different panels of frosted glass they insert into the design, or how many straight edges architects can find in a rectangular podium box, brick and mortar will always have that classy, classic, and charismatic feel that most boxes lack (B/A Centre, RBC Centre, Ritz, Festival, CityPlace, MLS, Telus, Murano.....)

I don't have a hate-on for modern glass buildings, but enough is enough. This 'Chicago' building should have been built downtown.

Twenty years from now, we're going to look back and think, "Jesus, someone should have regulated how much green glass was built in the 2000's".

This preserves the walkway alignment of the Capital, but One Park Tower did not. So instead of just one screw up, now there are two. Sigh...

If only One Park Tower was never built...

One of the more aesthetically pleasing building in the city.

Other than the fact that this is a Mississauga, Suburban condo Complex... it really is a nice building.

The round edges are refreshing, and so is the brown brick as well as the arched windows.

Every new building is a variation of a glass box, and no matter how many different panels of frosted glass they insert into the design, or how many straight edges architects can find in a rectangular podium box, brick and mortar will always have that classy, classic, and charismatic feel that most boxes lack (B/A Centre, RBC Centre, Ritz, Festival, CityPlace, MLS, Telus, Murano.....)

I don't have a hate-on for modern glass buildings, but enough is enough. This 'Chicago' building should have been built downtown.

Twenty years from now, we're going to look back and think, "Jesus, someone should have regulated how much green glass was built in the 2000's".

I find glass boxes to be refreshing, considering most high rises in Mississauga are bricked buildings... this tower is just more of the same. Actually this tower itself has no bricks either, only the podium does, so it is even worse.

Mississauga is a surburb,and I would never consider MCC to be a real downtown area.

This is very very off topic, as it has nothing to do with Chicago.
Mississauga City Centre is not suburban at all. You don't seem to realize that most of Toronto is suburban in nature, just like any other major city in the world. Mississauga is no different. MCC is also in transition. It is a very young city, and in a huge change right now. It's kind of like a kid who is now a teenager.

Back to Chicago.

Back