• Thread starter Suicidal Gingerbread Man
  • Start date
FYI LeftCoster over at SSP shot the rumor down stating:
Nothing big is happening.

He's in the industry and generally I find is in the know for things like this.

Though to be fair I42 really didn't indicate anything so we can't be too upset ; - ) ... maybe the site is being sold (which isn't really exciting at all for us .. at least in the short term).

I'm most excited ( though not any more ) for this project and the one on Front, the Union tower development is good but isn't really replacing a large / visible parking space and won't really add much to the public realm (less the skyline) ... same goes for most of the other proposals by Allied i.e. mainly converting / expanding existing buildings.

FYI LeftCoster over at SSP shot the rumor down stating:

He's in the industry and generally I find is in the know for things like this.

Though to be fair I42 really didn't indicate anything so we can't be too upset ; - ) ... maybe the site is being sold (which isn't really exciting at all for us .. at least in the short term).

I'm most excited ( though not any more ) for this project and the one on Front, the Union tower development is good but isn't really replacing a large / visible parking space and won't really add much to the public realm (less the skyline) ... same goes for most of the other proposals by Allied i.e. mainly converting / expanding existing buildings.

Unless something has changed something very very big is coming to this site... can't say anything more but it's being kept very hush hush , but its going to be a massive proposal and commercial

Unless something has changed something very very big is coming to this site... can't say anything more but it's being kept very hush hush , but its going to be a massive proposal and commercial

We've heard hype like this only to be let down when we see what the actual design is. We were told that 10 York was being re-designed to provide Toronto with something iconic only to get a design that won't be anything of the sort. It's nice, but no show stopper. 'Very very big' to some would mean 350-450m, to others it means 200m+.

I'll be pleasantly surprised if it does end up being something 'massive', but we'll likely not get anything bigger than already exists in this city.

Last edited:
We've heard hype like this only to be let down when we see what the actual design is. We were told that 10 York was being re-designed to provide Toronto with something iconic only to get a design that won't be anything of the sort. It's nice, but no show stopper. 'Very very big' to some would mean 350-450m, to others it means 200m+.

I'll be pleasantly surprised if it does end up being something 'massive', but we'll likely not get anything bigger than already exists in this city.

Massive doesn't necessarily mean super tall in this case ... its large surface parking lot with an opportunity for a huge floor plate , never said iconic design either - just the only way it has been described is massive

Massive doesn't necessarily mean super tall in this case ... its large surface parking lot with an opportunity for a huge floor plate , never said iconic design either - just the only way it has been described is massive

Floor plate not big enough for a new nfl or mlb stadium. So other then a supertall I don't know what else would be considered "massive" for this Site.

It's not 398 - it's +300.

And the ground level is +77

Ivanhoe had a design competition for this project. Wilkinson Eyre were the winners. The renderings looked very promising.

Back