• Thread starter Suicidal Gingerbread Man
  • Start date
It will be two towers, with a park spanning over the railway tracks. The first tower is being built on spec apparently, while the second tower is much further down the line (2022). Design looks similar to Hearst Tower in New York.

Cool!

400px-Hearstowernyc.JPG

It will be two towers, with a park spanning over the railway tracks. The first tower is being built on spec apparently, while the second tower is much further down the line (2022). Design looks similar to Hearst Tower in New York.

Huh, the lands north of the tracks are the go bus station ... unless that's somehow part of the deal ... on spec, really ?! ... that's hard to believe ..

Sorry for the novice question, but what does "on spec" mean?

Actually the menkes office tower was basically on spec ... and they lucked out with Sun Life ... I think HOOP (who is developing it) took like 10-15% of the building : ) before it started ... essentially on spec.

Interesting information - would you have an idea on how tall these two office towers will be? (And I'm assuming they are going to be full office towers and not mixed use, i.e. hotel/residential/office, etc.)? Thanks in advance.

Just heard through the grapevine....

- buying gov't building on Front.
- air rights over tracks.
- approx 8 acres in total
- metrolinx and go (I think)
- 2.5 to 3 million sq. feet of office
- 600k-800k retail, anchored by Nordstrums

Design competition was held. 4 designs being revealed to management this week.

here's an image posted by Fastwalking over at SSC, gives an indication of the scale of the site.....if the information is correct...

null_zpsbf64e22c.jpg

Ivanhoe had a design competition for this project. Wilkinson Eyre were the winners. The renderings looked very promising.

maxcity's two posts seem consistent with the two posts above them, from October of last year. They also make sense from a public transit terminus perspective, with the Greyhound bus terminal moving in south of the tracks, and the GO bus terminal either staying where it is, or moving in with the Greyhound buses.

Last edited:

how & where'd you get details for this? stop yanking our chain.

I bet maxcity is confusing this proposal for Oxford Place.

Highly doubt that someone who can name the architect would be confusing it with Oxford Place.

how & where'd you get details for this? stop yanking our chain.

That's kind of impolite - besides, would you seriously expect a forumer to reveal his sources before the info is publically released?

AoD

Last edited:
maxcity's two posts seem consistent with the two posts above them, from October of last year. They also make sense from a public transit terminus perspective, with the Greyhound bus terminal moving in south of the tracks, and the GO bus terminal either staying where it is, or moving in with the Greyhound buses.

Just so everyone's clear this is exactly what I meant how this project is going to be massive but not necessarily a super tall ;)

I am not confusing this development with the Oxford proposal. The south tower will have a new bus terminal at its base along with some retail, the towers will be completely office. The north tower will stand where the current bus terminal is.

I am not confusing this development with the Oxford proposal. The south tower will have a new bus terminal at its base along with some retail, the towers will be completely office. The north tower will stand where the current bus terminal is.

So something like this?

45Bay_zpsb8afcf8e.jpg

Back