• Thread starter Suicidal Gingerbread Man
  • Start date
Something happening here, drilling rig took soil samples from south west corner yesterday and are doing drilling on the north east corner today.

I'm going to advise everyone to ramp up the crazy speculation at this point; it's likely going to be worth it.

tease

Omg , this site has been dormant for a while. I don't remember hearing anything about it in a while... With the lack of action on Union Center and the one across the street... plus The Well office tower, I didn't think there was any more room for commercial towers.

This is exciting because it relocates the bus terminal from Bay & Dundas, all the pirces are falling into place. There's actually a lot of transit work going on.

Glen Murray had made hints of relocating the bus terminal on Twitter.. I'm hopeful.

If this is office space again though, there is a ton of space entering Marketing right now.. Are they really expecting such huge absorption rates downtown?

Just heard through the grapevine....

- buying gov't building on Front.
- air rights over tracks.
- approx 8 acres in total
- metrolinx and go (I think)
- 2.5 to 3 million sq. feet of office
- 600k-800k retail, anchored by Nordstrums

Design competition was held. 4 designs being revealed to management this week.

Just a friendly reminder of what was last rumoured to be proposed in Oct 2013, before rampant speculation begins.

unlikely now that Nordstroms has moved to the Eaton Centre. Metrolinx just moved into its new office in Union station as well, they also aren't that large of an office tenant, certainly not enough to anchor a 3 million square foot building.

I'm going to advise everyone to ramp up the crazy speculation at this point; it's likely going to be worth it.

That's just not nice ! errr ....

Wait, I have a feeling ... TD ???? They're on the market for a lot of space and this and Union tower are the most attractive for the FIRE industry. Wait will this have PATH connections though ?

PATH could be easy, remember the street car runs under bay to the loop at Union. There is a new TTC entrance on the South/East corner of Front and Bay going directly into PATH between Brookfield Place and RBC Place. Easy peasy to do a PATH on east side of streetcar tunnel, with with glass walls to protect people for streetcars. 5 or 6 levels of underground parking would be very lucrative public parking.

I don't see why they can't add a connection to the Bay Street teamway or even an underground connection to the ACC.

Isn't there the streetcar tunnel underneath Bay street? I'm assuming the streetcar tunnel is shallow enough to make an ACC tunnel unfeasible. Maybe a bridge, similar to the one between Telus/Pwc?

Back