At an Adam Vaughan meeting a couple of days ago Daniels/Kirkor presented their redesigned building. The podium will have a shape that will blend in with the character of the warehouse district and it will have red brick panels. It will have a gallery/theater Artscape space. The tower will no longer have the concave curve starting at the podium, narrowing and then widening at the top. It will now be a more conventional vertical building with a concave north facing wall very similar to Luna at CityPlace. The owner of the two properties that bookend this development has owned them for a long time and for sentimental reasons she has no intention of selling them. The podium will be designed to easily accommodate the possible future acquisition of the Corned Beef restaurant.

MOD EDIT: These photos are not for public release thus removed from UT.

that was fast! (7 min)

Is the height the same?

I did not take notes, but I think it will be the same height.

I quoted the photos from another post and I did not know the photos were not for public release. Thank you Mods for removing them.

current:

Not your fault. Just don't want anyone to get into trouble over them - bit of an oversight on our part that the ones in this thread wasn't removed, actually.

AoD

The owner of the two properties that bookend this development has owned them for a long time and for sentimental reasons she has no intention of selling them. The podium will be designed to easily accommodate the possible future acquisition of the Corned Beef restaurant.

Personally, if there was an offer to swap one of the bookend properties for an adjacent one to get side-by-side properties, I think it would have been more beneficial to the owner.

This project has been put on HOLD !

http://network.nationalpost.com/np/...t-industry-has-tanked-councillor-laments.aspx

On the southeast corner of Adelaide and John streets, spitting distance from Metro Hall, two parking lots abut the old brick home of the Fox and Fiddle pub. Mr. Vaughan said developers recently purchased those lots from the Farber family, assuming “huge mortgages.†City Council is studying applications for two towers here, 44 and 42 storeys, but financing troubles mean those towers now are delayed, he said.

According to Mr. Vaughan’s web site, the two John/Adelaide projects are a Daniels Corp. application for a 44-storey tower, at 21 Windmer St., and an application by Pinnacle International, a Vancouver-based condo builder, for a 42-storey tower at 295 Adelaide Street W. Those companies did not immediately return calls.

museum.jpg

I am not surprised by this news, since these are only proposals so far and the developer can still make some revenue on parking. Its much more difficult to put a project that has shovels in the ground on hold then one that is only on paper. Wait, retool, and relaunch a few years from now.

I agree. So what's so bad about putting projects on hold anyways? The condo market has been overheating. No one knows how things will turn out in the next few years with all these projects completed. Let the dust settle, and come up with a plan then.

It should be pretty obvious that virtually none of the the 500+ residential projects (both high-rise & low-rise) across the GTA in planning stages are going to move into the sales & marketing stage over the next few months. There is a significant amount on high-rise inventory already on the market which is going to take a long-time to bring down to more 'normal' levels.

Yep, that's a good thing though!

I guess they're idea is to go ahead with the planning and get approval so they'll be ready whenever the market picks up again?

Where's the Corned Beef restaurant that book-ends one side of the building in that design ??

Back