Is it just me, or is the glass on this building reflective or at least has more reflective qualities than 'normal' glass in condos?

Maybe because there are no whiteblinds or its a darker shade of grey?

It looks more impressive in person and stands apart from the glass in Pure Spirit.

September 13, 2011

purespirit.jpg

Is it just me, or is the glass on this building reflective or at least has more reflective qualities than 'normal' glass in condos?

Maybe because there are no whiteblinds or its a darker shade of grey?

It looks more impressive in person and stands apart from the glass in Pure Spirit.

My understanding is that they're using the next-generation, hybrid curtain-wall/window-wall system on Clear Spirit. The mullion caps are less intrusive, making the building appear more reflective.

Last edited:
Clear Spirit & Gooderham

From Sept. 15th, 2011 - Walk around the Distillery and Construction site.

ClearSpirit.jpg

View from Entrance to Distillery District

ClearSpiritlookingSouth.jpg

From the North, looking South

ClearSpiritfromBase.jpg

From the Base, looking up

Gooderham.jpg

Gooderham's Future spot

DSC_0108.jpg

Clear Spirit close-up

DSC_0104.jpg

Clear Spirit - Looking at the guts of the parking garage through Gooderham's pit.

DSC_0107.jpg

Looking down into the Gooderham Pit.

Nice pics, TroyGuy, and a belated welcome to the forum!

Wonderful photos Troy! Clear Spirit is shaping up to be one of the nicest buildings to go up. Love those massive pillars on the podium and the balconies as well.

nifty pic posted by noneedtoknow over at SSC, taken from the 20th floor....

Toronto_20110826_01150.jpg

390 Cherry Street (40s)

Looks like this future development could be part of the West Don Lands.
And here i thought most buildings for this area were to be low/mid-rise.:confused:

390 CHERRY ST

Condominium Approval 11 281047 000 00 CD Ward 28
- Tor & E.York Sep 23, 2011 --- --- --- ---

Draft plan of condominium for a new 40 storey residential condominium building with 345 residential units, 291 residential parking spaces, 36 visitor parking spaces. - Retail at ground floor is not included in plan of condo.

Not all low/mid-rise - the Block Plans foresee taller towers at certain points (along the railway corridor, at River City, and on either side at the end of Front St). Nothing like 40s though, wonder if this is part of the Distillery instead.

AoD

Last edited:
From Google Maps, the red A marks 390 Cherry Street. The location is only approximate.

ScreenShot131.jpg

Looks like this future development could be part of the West Don Lands.
And here i thought most buildings for this area were to be low/mid-rise.:confused:

390 CHERRY ST

Condominium Approval 11 281047 000 00 CD Ward 28
- Tor & E.York Sep 23, 2011 --- --- --- ---

Draft plan of condominium for a new 40 storey residential condominium building with 345 residential units, 291 residential parking spaces, 36 visitor parking spaces. - Retail at ground floor is not included in plan of condo.

I thought Cherry Street was going to be a main retail street? You would think that all major developments would have retail on the first floor.

I thought Cherry Street was going to be a main retail street? You would think that all major developments would have retail on the first floor.

If its for a draft plan of condo it must be for an existing building just finishing construction. Not a new building. Otherwise it would be A Rezoning or site plan application. It's probably for the distillery district condo now nearing completion here.

As already stated, this is a draft plan for Clear Spirits. I suspect the retail will be registered under a different condo plan.

Back