^nice
20111203039.jpg

I am slightly confused about this building--my understanding was that in addition to knocking out a couple of the old rack houses, this development would involve building over the parking lot at the south end of Mill St. That step seems pretty critical to giving the Distillery a sense of enclosure, and to making up for the loss of the historic structures. But the parking lot appears unmolested still...

I am slightly confused about this building--my understanding was that in addition to knocking out a couple of the old rack houses, this development would involve building over the parking lot at the south end of Mill St. That step seems pretty critical to giving the Distillery a sense of enclosure, and to making up for the loss of the historic structures. But the parking lot appears unmolested still...

I think you are thinking about the future "ribbon building" that is supposed to run just north of the rail line and which may/will be built in 2015. There is parking under both of THESE new buildings and I would anticiapte the ribbon building if/when it is built will have parking too. There is a rendering of it on post 2034 WAY back on this thread.

They are currently building two buildings. In Jasonzed's photo you see Clear Spirit rising high. You'll also see a crane just to the left of it. That's for the Gooderham which is just now starting to rise. A "ribbon" building will be added to the south in the future plus further towers to the north of Mill Street.

[video=youtube;oFaIgDU2ehk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFaIgDU2ehk[/video]

thanks Ed for the explanation and video... another interesting vista is added to the Distillery! Looking at JasonZed's photo above, its fun to fantasize about how this area is going look as it fills in over the next 10-20 years or so. The Distillery will be cozily nestled amongst completed neighborhoods on all sides!

Last edited:
Hey ! I noticed there's a huge empty lot just north of the distillery district that's all fenced off and it seems to have been leved off i.e. it's all dirt. It's a huge lot ...

This is just north of where the hotel is suppose to go in the boarded up building.

What the heck is going there ???

Hey ! I noticed there's a huge empty lot just north of the distillery district that's all fenced off and it seems to have been leved off i.e. it's all dirt. It's a huge lot ...

This is just north of where the hotel is suppose to go in the boarded up building.

What the heck is going there ???

That is going to be the Transit Mall (think bus station) for the Pan Am Village. Presumably temporary and will be converted to residential sometime after the games.

That is going to be the Transit Mall (think bus station) for the Pan Am Village. Presumably temporary and will be converted to residential sometime after the games.

I think the Transit Mall has been moved to beside the rail tracks (bottom of Cherry) and this area will be the Welcome Centre, Village Plaza and Welcome Plaza. No idea if thet building(s) will be temporary or not.

handsome, even more so in real life than in photos. enjoying the how the pillars are polite to the surroundings and their height, all the while bringing lightness, motion and topsy-turvyness to the tower

Back